No tigers left in Panna Tiger Reserve??

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

No tigers left in Panna Tiger Reserve??

Post by raj » Fri May 01, 2009 7:03 pm

Just saw a news clip saying that there are no Tigers left in Panna Tiger Reserve Of M.P.
Is it really true??
Do IFG members have any news about it??

Regards
Raj
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

---"Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast"

For Advertising mail webmaster
sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: No tigers left in Panna Tiger Reserve??

Post by sat » Fri May 01, 2009 7:21 pm

its true... forest department are wanting to relocate tigers to panna. poaching has been going on in panna for several years..

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Wed May 06, 2009 12:59 am

It is sad that we will loose these magnificient beasts due to our apathy. :cry:

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Wed May 06, 2009 1:10 am

sad ...bad ..mad...i just made a trip tp bandhav garh and heard of tigress being transferred to Panna...guys ..if u have been...do u think having a look at the officers and guards ...are they equipped to handle poaching ...i dont think so...
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed May 06, 2009 7:43 am

This is really sad and where the heck are these guys transferring the tigers from and whats the point so that the poachers get to renew their contracts?

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed May 06, 2009 5:58 pm

I don't think that there have been any tigers in Panna for many years though you would not know it from govt. records.Other wild life,even deer did not seem to be very common when I visited it many years back.

I am sure the same is the condition in many other Tiger reserves.Periyar comes to mind.

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Thu May 07, 2009 12:08 am

a documentry i think on nat geo or discovery had shown poachers's ways and skills...man they well equipped and have good resources ...those simple headed forest guards are no match for these quick witted people ...neither are their guns ....in fact many dont even carry guns ...

For the locals of Bandhavgarh ..the forest authorities are a threat ...and after the interaction i had with them i feel ....curbing their tribal habits of stopping them to practice archery, allowing the tigers to prey on their cattle, rounding up people with licensed arms at the first call of a poaching incident, those guys have been a terror in the minds of the absolutely innocent tribals.

They, the forest authorities would have sense had they formed a relation between the forest and the tribals ...they need to understand it is not the tribals but people from urban areas who are a threat ...the locals are the aboriginals and in all these years had there been any threat from them to cause extinction of any species ???

I have seen Tigers been worshipped there ..they call them Baageshwar, in Maharashtra, they are Waaghoba...belive me all that management of handling reserves is a mess...it seems like such reserves and sanctuaries are for the poachers where they can poach area specific and also have the choice of the animals they want to hunt.
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj