Ludhiana Calling

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
piyushpdsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Ludhiana Calling

Post by piyushpdsingh » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:52 am

A city resident was in for a big surprise when after tendering documents for renewal of an arms license at the ‘suvidha’ counter in Mini Secretariat here, the receipt clerk asked for a contact number where the status of his application could be communicated. Taking it as a mere formality, he gave out his cell number but still under the belief that he would have to make many rounds of the office before his renewed arms license was given to him. Unlike what normally happens in the government offices, the applicant received an ‘SMS’ on the date given to him for collecting the license which said that his application was being processed. After another couple of days, he received yet another SMS intimating him that his license had been renewed and could be collected on any working day

[From Ludhiana Tribune]
Piyush Pal Dhari Singh

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Ludhiana Calling

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:44 am

I got the same surprise when I got that mail from Himachal Pradesh forest department. Feel nice to hear that things are changing for good.

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:29 pm

Damn, they are beginning to take the fun out of the good old days...even postal customs is getting boring ;-).

They must be up to something.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:39 pm

Dev,

Since you are so bored I could have that jolly bunch from the Income Tax department call on you? At your convenience, ofcourse.

Mack The Knife

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:13 pm

Covered that old sap. Just had my taxes filed plus paid all due service tax and guess what I shan't be gainfully employed after the 24th anyway, so I 've got nothing to fear ;-). Then again since I am so pain sensitive I may just remember a friend in B'lore who was gonna splurge on a second car.

Regards,

Dev

Mack The Knife Bana";p="5819 wrote: Dev,

Since you are so bored I could have that jolly bunch from the Income Tax department call on you? At your convenience, ofcourse.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:36 pm

LOL. Touche!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:57 pm

Oz for a gunsmithing job? wot appens to my toxic green outings Dev?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:58 am

No Oz gunsmithing job just inhaled some helium from a balloon to change my voice and it affrected the noggin...wanna hit toxic greens this Sat? You will need to help me insatll line on rod...nephew tangled it accidentally.

Case of spoil the rod, spare a child? ;-)

Regards,

Dev