IFG Website Suggestions/ Issues

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
shahid

Re: New look IFG???

Post by shahid » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:18 pm

A bit difficult to navigate without the home or forum shortcut buttons. :evil:

For Advertising mail webmaster
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: New look IFG???

Post by striker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:36 pm

This look is ok but i still prefer the previous interface because the new look consumes more work time :( ,i hope the forum will be updated to previous plateform

cheers

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Problem logging in

Post by nagarifle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Thank you it works for me
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amit_sharma86 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi Amit Here. I unable to post a new topic from when the format of indinasforgus has been changed. I my request to admins and moderators is that please help me out in this regard. There is no option to post a new topic as it was available earlier.
I tried so many times to post a new topic but not getting any option. Please help me out.
Looking for your reply .
Thank you very much.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:12 pm

The only two sections in which users cannot start new threads are - "Announcements" & "Trash Can".... the reason for this should be obvious.

On all other sections you will see a "New Topic" button on the top left hand corner of that section, click on it to start a new thread...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

paragvns
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

NEW LOOK OF IFG

Post by paragvns » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 am

Congrats Abhijeet :cheers: for the new look of IFG
I came back to the site after a few days and was surprised to see everything different.
I am not receiving my daily digest from IFG since last few days, is this due to the upgradation?
or there is some other problem?

Regards
Parag
An armed society is a polite society. — Robert A. Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Website/ software issues

Post by mundaire » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Members are requested to post all website/ system related support requests on this thread. This is also the thread I'll be using to update members on any new modifications to the website. Irrelevant/ out of date posts on this thread will be periodically trimmed to make it easier to browse through.

Some of you may have noticed that the default site search option has been replaced with a Google custom search option. While the results page needs some further cosmetic tweaking, this "mod" should make it easier and faster for users to search through old posts as well as reduce the load on our hosting server.

So far there is has only been one reported issue in using this modification: Users who have any kind of adblock software installed will not be able to see any search results as such software treats the entire "search results block" as "advertising" by Google. The work around/ fix for this is that you must "whitelist" the entire indiansforguns.com domain in your adblock software's options.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ai

Post by ai » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:26 pm

In the PM Inbox, could we have a greater colour difference in read and unread PMs? I'm colour blind, and can't make out the difference if it is there presently.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

missing knowldge base

Post by nagarifle » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:43 am

i am pulling out my hair (i would if i had any) trying to find the knowledge base thread on the forum.

any help would be most welcome.

thanking you in advance.
Nagarifle

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Re: missing knowldge base

Post by TenX » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:41 am

nagarifle wrote:i am pulling out my hair (i would if i had any) trying to find the knowledge base thread on the forum.

any help would be most welcome.

thanking you in advance.
As Abhijeet cited in another topic (see below), the Knowledge Base feature is not enabled in this version of IFG, and he is making amends to put in back on :)
mundaire wrote: We lost the Knowledge Base articles when we changed the system, will update the post with the relevant content later today. Check back late night/ tomorrow.
Cheers!
Abhijeet
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: missing knowldge base

Post by nagarifle » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:13 am

thanks TenX, :D
Nagarifle

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:37 am

Before people begin to wonder why suddenly they seem to have had their post count drastically reduced (I've lost over a 1000 posts myself ;) ), here's the explanation....

Posts made to the following forums no longer add up to a users post count tally:

Announcements
Humour, Quizzes & Teasers
Trash Can
For sale
Wanted
Buy/ Sell Feedback

The logic (of why these forums were selected) is quite obvious, but if someone is still not clear about any of this, please feel free to post your query on this thread.

Previous post counts have been resync'd, hence the reduction in everyone's tally. In future when you make a post to any of these forums you will notice that your post count does not move up.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Veteran to Ace

Post by The Doc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Dear Moderators,

My status was of a "veteran" with 500 plus posts for precisely two days. Now I am back to my "ace" status with 431 odd posts today. I know the database size needs to be kept low and the system needs to be cleared out periodically but can I request the mods /admns to consider keeping the "status " of a member once attained as fixed i.e. not to bring it down ( once achieved) no matter what the number of posts is ? This might need a software adjustment . Possible ?

cheers,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Veteran to Ace

Post by mundaire » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:25 pm

The Doc wrote:Dear Moderators,

My status was of a "veteran" with 500 plus posts for precisely two days. Now I am back to my "ace" status with 431 odd posts today. I know the database size needs to be kept low and the system needs to be cleared out periodically but can I request the mods /admns to consider keeping the "status " of a member once attained as fixed i.e. not to bring it down ( once achieved) no matter what the number of posts is ? This might need a software adjustment . Possible ?

cheers,

RP.
Threads merged, Doc please see my previous post on this thread for an explanation...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:05 pm

Thanks Abhijeet. I had somehow missed your post.

best,

RP.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !