IFG Website Suggestions/ Issues

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: IFG Website Suggestions/ Issues

Post by mundaire » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Hi Amit,

The interactions here are fairly casual so please do drop the honorific "sir" (besides I don't think I've really done anything to deserve it, nor am I old enough ;) ) - Abhijeet will do just fine. :) BTW what would you like to discuss? Send me your no. via PM and I'll call you...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
shadowphaxone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadowphaxone » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:35 pm

amit_sharma86 wrote:...And what is the meaning of LOL...
LOL in internet and chatting terms means 'Laughing Out Loud', and is an expression which is used for several reasons to express a feeling of lighter moments.
:)[/quote]

I thought LOL stands for Lot Of Laughs ...............what ever :)
There are no limits to a man's curious intelligence if he is determined to succeed...

amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amit_sharma86 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:04 pm

Thank you very much Mr Abhijeet.
Thank you for your reply and If I have any query in future I will send you my number.
Thank you for your reply.
Thank you very much........

BJL
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by BJL » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm

And you can also thank once. Don't have to thank everyone 4 times mate. :)
“To be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds”- The Iliad.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:56 am

I am getting error messages of "time out from IFG website while posting" ...

amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amit_sharma86 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:10 pm

"The interactions here are fairly casual so please do drop the honorific "sir"besides I don't think I've really done anything to deserve it,"
But I think you deserves to be called a Sir (Mr Abhijeet Singh) . Because IFG is the place where we can share our feelings , there is no other platform where we can share or post about RKBA rights and shooting sports in India .
Thanks....

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:14 pm

ngrewal wrote:I am getting error messages of "time out from IFG website while posting" ...
Navi,

With our day on day increasing number of page views, I think we've outlived our welcome at this hosting provider... am currently researching other (faster) options. The current plan expires in 40 days, I request members to please bear with the slow server till then...

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

rcdoma
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rcdoma » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:00 pm

"Search this topic ..." is not working. "No posts were found because the word xxxxx is not contained in any post" message is returned even though we can see the word on that page.

Not sure if this was brought up earlier... :).

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi Rcdoma,

I've had to disable to built in site search and replace it with Google search, this has been done to lessen the load on the hosting server. Meanwhile you can use the search box on the top right hand side of each page, to search content.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:06 am

Acquiring a firearms license is a major problem in India. We get lot of people visiting IFG who are facing problems acquiring a firearms license, they express their opinions/experiences in various posts and threads. This makes retrieval of organized data, for any useful purpose difficult.

I think just like "The Legal Eagle" section we have section for "Difficulty Acquiring Firearm License" section where people can enter their experience(condition: they will enter there contact number and contact email address(which will not be visible on internet))

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Yellow / Warning Card Flag

Post by snIPer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:09 am

Hi,
I'm Unable to start a new topic. this is the error i get.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:33 pm

snIPer wrote:Hi,
I'm Unable to start a new topic. this is the error i get.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
/s/
Seems like something to do with server load...

www.gunowners.in

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:00 am

Ive tried over 2 days at different times - but still not able to start a new topic - ANy fix or workaround?
/s/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Library / Resources-Download:

Can we open a new Link called Library or start links under Resources / Downloads which will have links to all the important documents pertaining to gunning / air gunning in India? It may contain links to rulings w.r.t NRAI, DGFT, Customs, licensing, RTI’s and any other updates related to Guns / Air guns. The same can be downloaded by members for their respective uses. RTI's can be scanned and posted on the site so that the same can be used by members.

The member who has the link / document can either post it there or send it to a moderator who would approve the same with the moderator’s panel and post it on the forum.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:02 pm

i would agree with m24 with all the points he has raised.

i would like also to add that lots of work goes into sharing the info ie notification/rti etc. if the mods and the owner of IFG(not me that is) would agree that a paid service should be had to maintain the forum.

or a once off yearly subscription charge be made.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.