is this for real?

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: is this for real?

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:26 pm

jonahpach";p="4692 wrote: It seems the Army have a standing order of not capturing alive lesser known foreign militants and the rest of those surrendered were 'executed' on the spot. The boy was given the credit of killing all 12 militants! He was recommended to receive a very high military honour but was disqualified due some excuse or the other. Anyway he was promoted and given a stripe. (Will rummage for the photo and try to upload it sometime this week.)
Jonah

Every organization which tackle these ruthless mercenaries have some kind of unwritten code to take care of some situations but with all this hoo haa of Human rights and what not I wonder if they risk it blaming death of 12 on one single guy. Just a bit too hard to believe...

Inder

PS: Jonah, can you please post (or pm) the name of the brave solider (If there are no problems doing that). No doubts just a bit curious
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:33 pm

Yup but might take a few days. Photo of him sitting with an AK atop a pile of bodies is also available if I can place it.

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:09 pm

Jonah/Inder et al

My suggestion please make sure that these photos and name of soldier are kept off the public board and just PM or email information to any one interested. Point is fogginess of war and also do recall court martial of officers who staged /video taped an attack etc for a medal. These incidents could be true but lets leave that for pertinent authorities to decide.
Rgds
NG

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:13 pm

Good point, Navdeep.

Jonah, if you decide to post the pic, make sure the eyes are blacked out.

Had a feeling this thread could prove to be explosive.

Mack The Knife
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:15 pm

Mack The Knife

Please check your PM

Rgds

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:29 pm

Replied. I hope I am doing the right thing.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:50 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="4730 wrote: Had a feeling this thread could prove to be explosive.
Mack The Knife
Same here, Thats why i asked Jonah to PM me the pic or name.

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

monty3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by monty3006 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:00 pm

As regards the original question ..... is this for real? ..... I'd just say that its not. Plain and simple. Army boys do not talk about kills as a rule. My brother is right now serving in Kupwara and he says life there is hell. U never know where an enemy sniper will hide and take potshots from.

Monish

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:16 am

Yes I was missing the fact about the enemy always lurking and waiting with destruction. All the stories make the operations sound like a picnic as our Rambo is always faster on the draw etc.

Regards,

Dev
monty3006";p="4742 wrote: As regards the original question ..... is this for real? ..... I'd just say that its not. Plain and simple. Army boys do not talk about kills as a rule. My brother is right now serving in Kupwara and he says life there is hell. U never know where an enemy sniper will hide and take potshots from.

Monish
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

This is for Real.

Post by jonahpach » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:10 pm

OK Guys just managed to find the photo of the sepoy I was talking about.
Here it is. But will not divulge his identity. The story as told by me is more or less correct and had been verified by the then Director General of Rashtrya Rifles and the commandant of the Assamrifles here in Mizoram.

The photo is from a newspaper clipping and not too clear but one can clearly see the bodies of 4 militants in the background. One more fact that came up while re reading the story is that the boy had only 10 more rounds in his magazine when the remaining militants surrendered to him! Also he was awarded a Sena medal at a later stage.

Jonah

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:36 pm

Jonah,

I think even Maneka Gandhi would have no problem with the photo :lol: The faster these scums come on the endangered list the better it would be.Give my warm regards to the Jawan and if he ever comes this way, do let me know.Would love to meet him. You have made my day.

Take care,
penpusher

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:47 pm

Yee haa the good guys are still winning.
Good show Jonah. ;-)

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:54 pm

Thanks a Lot Jonah... :)

Inder

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:11 pm

Whew! I thought I was treading on the getting banned forever path.. I cant imagine what would have happened if I couldnt trace the photo. This poor chap is running short of cartridges guys...

:wink:

jonah

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:52 pm

Jonah,
Just for that, you get the co2 tomorrow! keep on doing it!
best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."