India - Wrestling Bronze

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

India - Wrestling Bronze

Post by perazzi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:32 pm

Well done Sushil Kumar - India wins a bronze after 56yrs.

Cheers
Heart of a Lion , Memory of an Elephant

For Advertising mail webmaster
ai

Re: India - Wrestling Bronze

Post by ai » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Sorry, correction please. 'Sushil wins bronze and happens to be an Indian', not 'India wins bronze'. Congratulations to him and those who got him there.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:02 pm

Great going. And we have another probable in boxing... 3 medals in one game!!! ... and it happened in my lifetime ;)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 am

Good going hopefully corporate sector will move in and help such sports out. Congrats to
Sushil Kumar the wrestler and Vijender Kumar the boxer and their retinue and support staff.

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:35 am

ai - Not to be offensive but unless you're a half wit . am sure you wud hopefully have understood the post !

Am sure others did..................

ai

Post by ai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:31 am

Perazzi, I'm not, but you certainly seem to be. Come out of your cave, and read the last few posts under the string "from nothing to silver to gold", educate yourself about sports in India, and then read your first post again in that context. Learn to give credit where it is due, and abstain from giving it where not due. The medals are purely through the athletes' individual efforts supported by a handful few, therefore in no way can you say that "India" has won the medals. So long as there are ignorant people like you in this country, our athletes will have to rough it out while the system- thats India for you- does everything to hamper them.

All I meant to do through my post was to alter the perspective for those who speak without thinking in their elation. Other, and I, understood your post, but obviously you didn't understand mine. Please try now- this exchange was quite uneccessary.
Last edited by ai on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ai

Post by ai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:45 am

ngrewal";p="50533 wrote: Good going hopefully corporate sector will move in and help such sports out. Congrats to
Sushil Kumar the wrestler and Vijender Kumar the boxer and their retinue and support staff.
The corporate sector does contribute substantially, as does BCCI to various sports. I hope the media and public can bring about accountability from the MYAS and Federations post the medal wins. If the sports administration is seen to be efficient, professional and conducive to promoting sports, the corporate sector will come forward in a much bigger way. As of now, corporate sponsors are taking initiatives by and large due to their key man's personal attachment to a particular sport, being approached by his close contacts from a sport, or in a few cases as a matter of personal initiative, NOT as a matter of company policy- which is what is needed.

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:14 am

ai - Do yourself and all the others a big favor and learn to stop whining where its not reqrd and also dont seek attention just for the heck of it.

I sure am no authority on sports and never claimed to be !!!

Mine was a simple post saying that we have a bronze and thats great and its purely purely read again PURELY an individual effort of Sushil Kumar despite all the lack of training / residential / other facilities.

So take a chill pill or just go fish....either ways can't give 02 hoots about yr whining so take it elsewhere

Rohit Virmani

ai

Post by ai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 am

"PURELY an individual effort of Sushil Kumar despite all the lack of training / residential / other facilities"

Thats better!

Your other points don't deserve a detailed reply- I am just happy to have reformed a regular clapping but otherwise non performing spectator to a thinking citizen.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:30 am

Every coin has two sides, and one can rarely see both sides at the same time. But please do realise that we are still seeing the coin :)
Comments are pretty hard to digest and let us please accept that we are mature enough to communicate in friendlier ways.
Now, lets see who is strong enough to 'give up' first ;)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

ai

Post by ai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:35 am

TenX, Needful done already as PMd to you. I know the issue of our sports is a lot larger than this. Thanks.

perazzi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by perazzi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:44 am

ai - Don't need a detailed reply especially from the likes of guys who keep whining.

Wud be good if you put your money where your mouth (er fingers) are and actually go out and do something for sports in India rather than just showing your self righteousness !

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:19 pm

C'mon Rohit,

Internet is a faceless medium, sometime we don't know whom we are talking too. I suggest you read AI's other posts and see if he is just a whiner or somebody with a close association with sports.. :wink:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:03 pm

to the pans... to the pans :-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Perazeejee,

Whats this ? A bad week or something :D. Its actually the best that we've done in Olympics in eons. Save for the glory days of hockey.

I agree with ai, its all individual effort on the part of these guys. Now when they are already there, do they get some help from the ones that matter.......sheesh :D. And look at the help we get, closure of ranges and facilities before major events, now now that's surely gonna churn out match-winners.

regards,
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.