Web Address

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Web Address

Post by art_collector » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi,

I have a web site registered in my name "...........com" The same was registered by a company based in the US with an office in Delhi .I have been trying to change the company and have been asking them for the authorization code for a domain transfer. No amount of emails have helped rather my web site seems to have disappeared . A friend of mine has tried speaking to the man in Delhi but he refuses to part with the authorization code saying that his company owns and I do not have any right to my name. It sounds strange since I have been paying them each year. The reason I wish to change is that I was not happy with the service provided.

Can anyone help me and suggest what could be done. I don't wish to register a new name .....ending with IN(as suggested by the company) ...naya naam lelo yeh to nahii dengee.Tell me what can I do..I don"t wish to file a case..litigation is to expensive an option.

AC

AC

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:58 pm

not legal minded but what about the consumers right group?

or a FIR with the police as a fraud since u have paid for it and can prove it.

what ever u may end up doing get all the proof in place ie fees paid to the company showing dates etc, and if u can find out when the other took over it ie dates etc with proof would be needed.

save all ur emails from the showing that u were before the Americans,

that u have been cheated and it could be impossible that the other party may have paid more for your name, after you have registered your name.

sorry not much help.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

DirtyHarry

Re: Web Address

Post by DirtyHarry » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:13 pm

art_collector";p="47264 wrote:Hi,

I have a web site registered in my name "...........com" The same was registered by a company based in the US with an office in Delhi .I have been trying to change the company and have been asking them for the authorization code for a domain transfer. No amount of emails have helped rather my web site seems to have disappeared . A friend of mine has tried speaking to the man in Delhi but he refuses to part with the authorization code saying that his company owns and I do not have any right to my name. It sounds strange since I have been paying them each year. The reason I wish to change is that I was not happy with the service provided.

Can anyone help me and suggest what could be done. I don't wish to register a new name .....ending with IN(as suggested by the company) ...naya naam lelo yeh to nahii dengee.Tell me what can I do..I don"t wish to file a case..litigation is to expensive an option.

AC

AC

No registrar can withhold domain transfer. Any registrar doing so will be violating the ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) rules and will lose their accreditation. If the domain is really registered in your name please go ahead and sign up with another registrar of your choice for the transfer. Your new registrar will then contact the current one and initiate the transfer. You need to provide the transfer code to the new registrar. You will get it from your current one unless they had "leased" the domain name to you.

Nothing much can be done in case it was "leased". :(

PM me if you need more details.I'd be glad to help.

Regards,

DH

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:00 am

art_collector";p="47264 wrote: Hi,

AC

AC
AC give me a call, I can get my friend in the US to send them a legal notice threatening litigation & damages (he's a lawyer)... usually wakes 'em up double quick :P

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:38 am

Hi Dirty Harry,
Welcome to IFG,seems you are a web devloper.Introduce your self in intoduction thread.

AC dirty harry advice is correct.
DirtyHarry";p="47267 wrote:
art_collector";p="47264 wrote:Hi,

AC

AC

No registrar can withhold domain transfer. Any registrar doing so will be violating the ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) rules and will lose their accreditation. If the domain is really registered in your name please go ahead and sign up with another registrar of your choice for the transfer. Your new registrar will then contact the current one and initiate the transfer. You need to provide the transfer code to the new registrar. You will get it from your current one unless they had "leased" the domain name to you.

Nothing much can be done in case it was "leased". :(

PM me if you need more details.I'd be glad to help.

Regards,

DH
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:02 am

BTW - I'd just like to point out here that while registering domain names, it is best to avoid ultra cheap domain name registrars due to these type of problems. I always use Network Solutions for all my registrations, they have been and are still the best in the business - albeit the most expensive of the lot as well... but it's money well spent IMHO! www.nsi.com

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:46 pm

First try to find out if you really own the domain name. It's pretty simple and you have various free services for finding out the complete status of the domain.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/i ... ab664:xQYs

In all likelihood (I think) they have pulled a fast one on you and you do not own the domain name.

If this is the case you will have to get into fraud proceedings.

AMK

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Web Address

Post by art_collector » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi AMK,

Just saw u on line. This is the information I cud gather.
Registrant:
wServe, Inc.
320 S Flamingo Rd. #311

Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
United States of America

Registrar: DomainPeople, Inc.

Domain Name: .................com
Created on .............Fri Jan 12 05:32:57 2007
Expires on .............Mon Jan 12 05:32:57 2009
Record last updated on .Wed Jan 09 16:22:07 2008
Status .................LOCK,

Administrative Contact:
wServe, Inc.
Tom Dickson
320 S Flamingo Rd. #311

Pembroke Pines, FL
33027, US
(866)8033392
()
[email protected]

Technical Contact:
wServe, Inc.
Administrator DNS
1 N State Street
12th Floor
Chicago, IL
60602, US
(1312)2362132
()
[email protected]

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.w-serve.com 70.86.113.106
ns2.w-serve.com 70.86.113.107

(....................com)

Register your domain name at http://www.domainpeople.com

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

Show underlying registry data for this record

Current Registrar: DOMAINPEOPLE, INC.
IP Address: 70.86.113.106 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)

IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-TEXAS-DALLAS
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Apache 1
Lock Status: clientTransferProhibited
Web Site Status: Active
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings

amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Saw me online where?

So who/what is wServe inc then? This domain is registered to wServe. You can try contacting them to release it.

AMK
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------