Montreal spree killer was Indian

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:02 pm

bsinha";p="3772 wrote: However, *are* Canadian authorities actually using ethnicity as a criterion for licensing?
That seems to imply that Indians are applying for licences and being rejected by the authorities based on their ethnicity.
If you are correct, that is a rather serious issue.
Well, it is an issue on which I have first hand information from a respectable member of this group who doesn't want to post for personal reasons though I have urged him to be open about it. It is his choice and not mine whether he does this or not. And, it is a darn sight more concrete information than your speculation on the subject.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:11 am

Whenever such incident happens there is a fall out, one it acts as a catalyst, is followed by one or two similar incidents, Montreal, Colorado and then Wisconsin. Another real aspect of this is profiling of the perpetrator of the crime, it could be persons background, profession,race or anything and of course tightening of gun laws. I know someone in Canada who has been trying for gun license, the paper work, effort, etc were enough to turn him off. His opinion was there is an intimidation factor in the process and it wasn?t worth the trouble.. The paper work sometimes requires references from local or known community members. If one has recently moved into the neighborhood its hard to find a referee. Its sad because his new property is surrounded by lot of game and there is safety aspect also.