Help for new licencees

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Help for new licencees

Post by art_collector » Tue May 06, 2008 6:18 pm

There is a welcome change at The Licensing Branch in Delhi.

Some of the changes that have been introduced are as follows:

All new licencees have been asked to get a firearms handling certificate. Its a good idea since an untrained but armed man is a danger and a liability.

At the time of getting your licence all new licensees would be handed over a list of DO's and DON'Ts.....( Maybe we could send a copy from Abhijeets website)

All new licensees would be given a list of dealers with their telephone numbers etc so they can visit anyone and may be check availability of ammunition prices etc.

The transfer of firearms after death of the licensee is being made simpler. The moment one applies for the deposit permission he/she is given a set of papers consisting of a copy of Indemnity Bond & Affidavit to be filed with the licensing branch for applying for the permission to sell if one wishes to do so. The heir asking for the permission shall also be given the above list so he can chose the dealer whom he wishes to visit. Well a right step for the harrased heir who doesn't know which dealer to approach.

After computerization was introduced in the licensing Branch in Delhi things vastly improved. The new steps introduced by the The Addl.Commissioner of Police (Licensing) would ensure that the licensees are put to the least difficulty. So before you visit the licensing branch insure that all your records etc are complete.

Cheers,

AC
Last edited by art_collector on Wed May 07, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Help for new licencees

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue May 06, 2008 8:34 pm

:D , small steps in the right direction.
Good info AC, thanks for sharing it.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:23 am

We all definitely welcome this change

Zafar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Zafar » Wed May 07, 2008 9:57 pm

art_collector";p="43505 wrote:All new licencees have been asked to get a firearms handling certificate. Its a good idea since an untrained but armed man is a danger and a liability
that will only be a way for the babus to demand more green bucks grease

shukriya
-
Zafar
Ignore the Ignorance of the Ignorant
-
Zafar

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Wed May 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Well, I am looking at the positive side. I face these untrained guys often and always keep wondering whose bullet has my name written on it.

Last year I was sitting with an Uncle of mine at a gun shop when this man having a revolver in his hand (with the finger on the trigger) pointing at me and said that the cartridge doesn't fire. Well we asked him that you should never point a firearm at anyone. Well he argued for some time about his connections and then agreed to keep the revolver down. While moving it down it fired. The bullet barely scrapped my uncles face and hit the steel cupboard behind him and then took some time to settle down. Its quite dangerous. My Uncle or I could have got killed. I face such situations often. I hope this training helps...so what happens to babus or licensees pocket I am not concerned what matters more is whether I live to post on IFG or not. Let me tell you another incident which happened in 1984 ....late at night some one called my father and asked him that he had a gun in 3 pcs .....but did not know how to assemble it....

AC

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Wed May 07, 2008 11:13 pm

Yep AC, I could'nt agree more. But a question springs forth; Which body would be eligible to provide a Firearms Handling Certificate ? Would it be the babus themselves or a proper/registered rifle association or club.

If its gonna be the babu's, then certificate or not, I'd advise you to install bulletproof glass before you sit across the counter. Because the number of nutcases will only proliferate.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Thu May 08, 2008 12:31 am

Well the brochure being issued by the licensing branch to the licensee carries the name of the place where the training would be imparted as National Rifle Association at Tuglakhabad...Phone nos are 29964091, 29964092,29964093.

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Thu May 08, 2008 11:24 am

I think its a welcome change. I know quite a few people who have a firearm but do not know 100% how to handle it. AC's incidents remind me of one that happened in my home town 3 months back. A small time goon left his pistol on the table and went for bath. His 6 yr old nephew picked it up and squeezed trigger, killing the wife.

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Thu May 08, 2008 11:40 pm

i have seen a gunman of a politician in AP remove the pistol magazine and he forgot about the round in the chamber and was prepared to clean the pistol :evil: i told him about his mistake and he took out the cartridge after some argument :twisted:

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri May 09, 2008 1:07 am

a small step in gun ownership, a mighty giant step in safety. least it a start. the only thing is that the NRAI should not have the monopoly on this. some of us need to start a safety school also to set the standards.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.