suggestion for a smart phone, pda

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

suggestion for a smart phone, pda

Post by sat » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:58 am

need to purchase a new mobile phone. Old one died on me today. Am open to suggestions for a smart phone/pda like a palm 7, blackberry etc. Budget is 15 - 18,000. I rather not have something like the wide blackberry's.

Would like the computer/laptop to intergrate with the phone to exchange data in microsoft word like document, excel like format, address book, to do, memo... Will use for email also. A good inbuilt camera would be usefull, tend to use the camera a fair amount.

If there are some review sites or forums I could visit, do let me know.

many thanks,

sat

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:10 am

Go for HTC Touch which has windows mobile OS and will fulfill your requirements.

Lawman

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: suggestion for a smart phone, pda

Post by Prabhath » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:10 am

Sat,

Have a look at the latest Samsung releases. Phones look good, function well and have the features that you are looking for. There are slimmer and less wider models of Blackberry too. Just look around. Don't have good opinions about the HTC though.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:27 pm

My two cents

go in for the Sony Ericsson P910i. it even comes with a GPS kit. pretty cool stuff

Thats just me. also checkout nokia e series, their PDA is pretty cool.

Cheers
Sid

browning
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by browning » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:49 pm

I agree with Lawman, the HTC touch should fulfill your needs. In delhi its available for about Rs.16500 with a 2gb card. For reveiws on quite a few phones you could go to www.tech2.com. Or just search the name of the phone followed by review.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:53 pm

I'd suggest the HTC as well, based on your budget quote.
Its a good phone.

cheers
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Go in for the HTC touch....the OS of this unit is very similar to windows...it uses windows mobile 5.0 ...if i am not wrong....have seen it first hand..... a good price for a good phone....

PS: u may mamage the screen while usin the touch screen with ur fingers..... use the stylus as far as possible..... this is my personal experience....

Zafar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Zafar » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:19 pm

if camera was not your requirement i would have suggested M600i . but if you need camera go for the P1i with the 3.2 MP cam . if you could wait the new Xperia from Sony Ericsson would be good choice with latest Windows mobile edition , full keyboard , wide screen view , a great camera

shukriya
-
Zafar
Ignore the Ignorance of the Ignorant
-
Zafar

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:17 pm

I own the Nokia E61i.

NO SECOND THOUGHS.. just buy it..
klick klack..... diskaon

yash3_great

Post by yash3_great » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Try the Blackberry Curve if you are looking for a QWERTY keyboard or else try Blackberry Pearl. I have used the Pearl and i think its a great phone. All Blackberry's are great in my opinion, very rugged.

For more reviews you can always read up www.mouthshut.com

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Sat
depending on ur budget and requirement i can suggest u to go for nokia e61i .its a good fone with good battery power and qwerty keyboard .moreever it is a great bussiness class model.i too have it it is slim but broad to accomodate big hands.the display is so clear in direct sunlight.

thanks
striker
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

hock ann
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hock ann » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Zafar is right the sony X1 is the best but may be they are going to launch by oct/08, i think the price will be around 40, but according to your budget i think the sony P990i will not be a bad idea since the features are very much similar to the X1 go to the sony product support and compare the models. the model Pi does not have the half flap like the P990i with 2 mp camera but the features are almost the same as Pi.
Hock ann,

sat
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sat » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:56 pm

many thanks for all your suggestions... having a look at all models suggested... my brother has a nokia 61i, a little to broad for my liking..

sat

rhandle
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rhandle » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:36 pm

I needed a phone with best connectivity, media (like to have fun with camera and video and music), now based on my exp. if you can take out anything...

I have used HTC touch for 6 months... I wanted to sell it off after 2 weeks. The dealer told me tht 20K phone is not even worth 8K now. Stuck for 6 months. Not to my liking.

Purchased Blackberry 8320 (24K in Feb) and Nokia E90 ( 34K in feb)

DO not go for Nokia. Not feeling very happy about it. Blackberry is very gr8 buy if you intend to use it for email. On E90 I need to pay 500 buck PM on airtel to get gprs so that I can browse net on phone. With blackberry you save that 6000 rs straight away per annum!

Sony had been with me for 6 years (different models of course) my last phone being SE P910i... this is the best of the lot. Good, nahin excellent battery backup, ease of use, and long life!

so if you r going to use BB then go for 8230 or SE....

I would not recommend Nokia.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shame. Then I think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.”
- Jack Handy