Whats in a Name

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:39 pm

OverUnderPump";p="41066 wrote:
Sid_kapur30";p="41062 wrote: Hey mate the 30 refers to my date of birth considering too many Siddharth Kapurs with all of them taking up the decent usernames i had to settle in for this one :(

a beer on you if i tag along on with you on friday! Hmmm.

I look at it this way. if i bunk office on friday and that too a month before i go on a 10 day leave - I GET FIRED!
i get fired i dont save up money. i dont save up money i dont get to buy a good - new - beautiful air-rifle. i dont get a new air-rifle sometime soon. I'LL REQUIRE MORE THAN A FEW BOTTLES OF BEER :(

i got it all figured out 8). Hic..

Cheers
Sid
Shucks bro, I was always under the impression that it denoted a weight class :lol:
As for the beer session, lets sit around on Saturday over a few chilled ones and talk a few things through(scope/mounts/dovetail/rifle et all).

regards
8)
OUP
Am in
lets talk to everyone else. Including the new daddy

Cheers
Sid

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Whats in a Name

Post by Grumpy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:26 pm

Being overweight IS `awful`.
A `Heavies` section ? No thanks - definitely don`t need more attention drawn to my flab !
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Whats in a Name

Post by TwoRivers » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:31 am

Hey Grumpy, ever since I joined this forum I've been puzzling who might be hiding behind your handle, and now the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. Ol' 'enry the VIIIth incarnate it's got to be! Anyone else thinks I might be on to something? Cheers.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:09 pm

Two rivers
you got it wrong! its not the disney lot Grumps has as a doppleganger.More like Atilla! I can hear the whetstones singing across the halbred and the axe... :D :twisted:
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Leif Runenritzer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Leif Runenritzer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:45 am

Leif is a norse name meaning descendant. I'm proud of where i came from: Celts, Finns, Germanics, heathens, Americans.

Runenritzer is German for rune-carver. I'm always scribbling down things in runes (Fuþorc, specifically) using an etymological and phonetic spelling.

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:54 pm

mundaire";p="40767 wrote::lol: Never realised that there was so much confusion about my handle!
Would it be proper if I ask Abhijeet the origins of " mundaire" ? After many Yes and No, I finally decided to search in Google; about a year ago. The closest I reached I can remember is something resembling " French Priest".

Good that that you finally clarified it.

As for ' what is in a name ' , it might matter sometime. There is a user by name ' Sniper' to whom I had to send an AirPistol.
He asked me to contact his friend who was to be in Hyderabad at that time. As I was unaware of Sniper's real name, I called his friend and began...." Sniper has asked me to contact you and deliver you an Air Pistol.......". He ( the friend) was so freaked out that he refused to reveal his name, questioned me extensively and refused to do the deal.

The deal is stuck till this day.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:16 am

Sujay";p="41547 wrote:
mundaire";p="40767 wrote::lol: Never realised that there was so much confusion about my handle!
Would it be proper if I ask Abhijeet the origins of " mundaire" ? After many Yes and No, I finally decided to search in Google; about a year ago. The closest I reached I can remember is something resembling " French Priest".

Good that that you finally clarified it.
Well, I added an extra "e" at the end as when I first signed up on AOL in 1997 the handle "mundair" was already taken ;)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

rhandle
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by rhandle » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:47 pm

For me I wanted to create a handle using my name. Damn Rahul is so common that I would not even get rahul 500 ...lol

I was like frustrated while it asked me to change my handle... so i just typed Rhandle out of desperation and it clicked and stayed on ;)
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shame. Then I think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.”
- Jack Handy