cabelas.com

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

cabelas.com

Post by Lawman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Does cabelas.com ships item to India ? If I purchase an ear-muff from them what would be the customs hassles I have to face ?

Lawman

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: cabelas.com

Post by Mo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Cabelas will ship to India.

I dont think Ear Muffs are restricted items. It should be a breeze to have them couriered to you. Of Course this is common sense telling me. But when we look at the laws 'round here, common sense does not often prevail...

Click Here! to visit the website of Industrial Explosives, an Indian company that manufactures Ear Muffs. Should be a cheaper, easier alternative.

On a different note, have you tried noise cancelling canal phones? They're available in India, off the shelf, are tiny, virtually weightless and can play music too! :mrgreen:

A pistol generates about 120dB, A rifle about 140dB. If you're weapon is not too loud, I think these should work.

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks Mo.

Lawman

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:20 pm

I have ordered from cabelas earlier and coincidently there were ear muffs as well and there was no problem in shipping as well in the customs.

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:22 pm

I forgot to mention that if you are ordering electronic ear muffs then I think you might have to pay some duty on them as they are listed under electronic items but I am sure that there is no problem with the regular ear muffs.

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:13 am

Hi Ashar, did you have to go to the customs or to any other office to collect your ear-muuf or it was delivered at your house ?

Lawman

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:03 am

Lawman

It was directly delivered to me at my home and I didnt have to go to any department.And more over I had ordered a few more things like t shirts and two shooting vests.

Cheers

Ashar

-- Al Capone

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Any item or items together exceeding Rs.10,000/ attracts 18% duty when imported through post parcel into the country. A little difference here and there do not matter. Please request invoice along. Cabela's attaches the invoice as a policy,so do almost all traders in the U.S.. It will work out cheaper if you ordered a few things together from them in one lot. BUT, again it also depends on which state you belong to and the level of corruption in there.
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"