Good news

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Good news

Post by archer » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Hey guys,

There is some good news that i wish to share with you all. My application to university of California, Los Angeles for the MS program has been accepted.

Wat i wish to know was, how do i continue to shoot once i move. I donot have a fire arms licence, so if i wish to shoot a firearm, at a range, am i eligible. Which are the ranges/clubs that i can join to continue to shoot.

Thanx
Regards
Parag

For Advertising mail webmaster
HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:54 pm

There are plenty of websites that can guide you thru.

wheretoshoot.org is one.

Or you can go to Google maps, enter the address you'll probably be living at or even the zip code. When the map is brought up, click the "Search Nearby" link and type "gun" or "shooting" and it will bring up the places in that area. The NRA website also has links to shooting ranges.

Also, depending on what you want to shoot, there are links on those organizations websites of places to shoot. I've never been to Commiefornia as they call it, but I'm sure I can help you find some place to shoot.

A humble advice, I suggest not to discuss shooting etc with members of the college, like course/admission advisors/counsellors etc. After you're here and get to know a few people and have your finger on their pulse then maybe you can discuss.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:46 am

Archer

Sharief has given a great advice. First focus on settling down, your course work, etc and then reach out/check out.

Best of luck

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Good news

Post by msandhu » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:06 am

Hi Archer,
Congrats on getting admission. When r u planning to come? is this your first visit to US? There are plenty of firearm ranges in and around LA and they do not require any gun licenses if u just want to rent and shoot there. They might require some identification documents like Govt. issues IDS( State ID or driving license). But as HSharief said and from some personal experience , u might spend first couple of months just adjusting yourself and doing all the paperwork. Setting down in a new country if you r visiting first time looks little tough in the beginning but then u get used to it once u know your surroundings.
Cheers
MSandhu

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Good news

Post by archer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Guys,

Yes it will be my first visit to the US.....i should be moving sometime in aug/sep..... thankyou for sharing your experiences with me. I will follow the advice.......

Will keep you all posted abt the developments

regards
parag