No fresh import of .22Lr HV ammo or other rifle calibre in future?

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
bhuvneshver1234
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

No fresh import of .22Lr HV ammo or other rifle calibre in future?

Post by bhuvneshver1234 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:58 am

I asked a question to a big gun dealer of North India...and they told me the price of .22lr for imported bullet is rs 150 for winchester CCI stinger etc...but they also had a very limited stock. As per dealer no imported ammo of .22lr is coming to India since 2-3 years.and govt. Cancel all the permit for this kind of ammo.dgft only issue 2 percent of import which is very necessary like for eley tenex or etc only sports ammo which is used by nrai.the fancy ammo like stinger superx or kind of other stuff no permit for this kind of category ammo.this is also applicable for 30-06 imported ammo.indian govt want to from foreign company they established a factory in india and produced imported ammo under make in india venture.huge shortage of ammo .22 or .30 is coming to India no choice of ammo is seen in future.because established a factory take to much time or india has a very least market of guns. ithink no foreign company want risk for it.iof tu tha... hai.... or rhega jai hind

For Advertising mail webmaster
hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: No fresh import of .22Lr HV ammo or other rifle calibre in future?

Post by hornet22 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:24 pm

I was just wondering how many people would have bought the IOF 30-06 rifle if they knew this was going to be the situation of the ammunition supply and price in the future

Able
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Able » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:39 pm

Given the current situation of availability and price of ammo, it's still my dream to own 30-06. To be honest, I think I'll rarely shoot more than 10 ammo in a year, I just like the idea of owning one, taking care of it, holding it and looking at it from time to time. One can only dream the prices to come down and, alas the only dream that came true is peeing in a dream. Lol

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:25 am

Comment on the OP's information:

If this is true, and if I carried a 22 LR pistol or revolver for self-defense, I would stock up all of the CCI Stinger or other similar high performance ammunition that I was legally allowed to hold, and which worked in my gun.

(I would not recommend a 22 LR for self-defense, but if it was all I had, I would use it. I would, with any self-defense gun, want to use the best ammunition I could find -- even if I could only buy 5 or 6 rounds!)

Regarding 30-06, since one cannot hunt, the only use for such ammunition would be for target use. The quality of the ammunition available, even if not so good, wouldn't ruin a hunt or even be life-threatening to use in that case. If one were hunting, then wherever that hunt would take place, some 30-06 ammo would probably be available somewhere.

However, if this report is true, it would also hold true for 32 Auto and 32 S&W Long. For any gun I owned, getting quality ammunition would be top priority if the curtain is coming down on imported ammunition.

That's just my 2 pais
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman