Arms licence category change

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
dada_yuvraj_13
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Arms licence category change

Post by dada_yuvraj_13 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:41 pm

My friend has a .22 rifle license which was given for self defense Nowadays he is a shooter. Can he get his license changed from self-defense to sports? If yes then try to tell the rules.
Best Wishes & Regards
Rajkumar Yuvraj Singh Dada (जाज्वल्य,छत्तीसगढ़)

For Advertising mail webmaster
Able
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Arms licence category change

Post by Able » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:05 pm

I don't have an experience in this but it comes to mind that most likely he has to become a renowned shooter first in rifle shooting category. knowledgeable senior members can chip in with their valuable experience and knowledge.

veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by veeveeaar » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:31 pm

dada_yuvraj_13 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:41 pm
My friend has a .22 rifle license which was given for self defense Nowadays he is a shooter. Can he get his license changed from self-defense to sports? If yes then try to tell the rules.
Normally a .22 rifle is not a best choice for self defense. But he may have inherited it or any other issue.
With regards to your friend getting his license category changed, has he become a Aspiring Shooter or a Renowned shot?.
If he is in any of this qualifications, he can get his license category changed to sports.

willyson
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by willyson » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:13 pm

If you want to change your licence from self-defence to sports, you need to submit an application to the licensing authority with proof of your membership in a shooting club or association, and a certificate of your participation in shooting competitions.
The licensing authority will then verify your application and may grant you a new licence or reject it. The process may take up to 60 days1.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:14 pm

dada_yuvraj_13 wrote:
You should have mentioned state and district of your friend for better suggestions.

In Punjab, category change is not allowed and one has to apply for new license from scratch.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

dada_yuvraj_13
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dada_yuvraj_13 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:30 am

Vineet wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:14 pm
dada_yuvraj_13 wrote:
You should have mentioned state and district of your friend for better suggestions.

In Punjab, category change is not allowed and one has to apply for new license from scratch.
State Chhattisgarh District Janjgir Champa
Best Wishes & Regards

ricemeup
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ricemeup » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:37 am

I think contacting the licensing authority would be the way to go to understand their process for reclassifying the use.

dada_yuvraj_13
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dada_yuvraj_13 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:02 am

There is another way that this work can be done by deleting the old UIN number in the NDAL system and generating a new sports UIN number. The government can do anything it wants, it is all about the order sheet.
Best Wishes & Regards

gwattal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by gwattal » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:56 pm

I have a licence for a 22LR, can I sell it and buy a shot gun on the same licence ?