Arm family heirloom inherited

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
dhruvkumarvv
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Arm family heirloom inherited

Post by dhruvkumarvv » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:55 pm

Namaste...
I am from GUJARAT my father was GM, he was died in 2005, He had Winchester rifle with licence, he was died in 2005 as heart attack and at that time I am only one son 14-15 year old no any elder child at that time, so our family and relatives deposited weapon and licence and sold it.
My father's Winchester Vintage Rifle already sold because his legal heir I only 15 year old at 2005 now I am 30 year old so, Rifle was deposited first and same sell to dealer or anyone by relative's contact
-So how I owned licence?
-What have to do for getting rifle on my name behalf of my late father was licence and I am his legal heir?
- If i able to take pistol licence on base of my father's rifle licence ?
Last edited by dhruvkumarvv on Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Arm family heirloom inherited

Post by Vikram » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:08 pm

Is the gun already sold? Not clear from your post.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

bhuvneshver1234
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bhuvneshver1234 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:12 pm

Acc to my opinion your late father rifle is sold or auction by department to other licensee.due to this currently in present you don't have any link with your father gun or his license under heirloom condition.if u want weapon come back u should try to contact with licensee if they agree to sell it again then make new license and get it...

brajesh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by brajesh » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:36 pm

It seems gun is in police locker plz contact your arms section of the district which has issued the licence and also police station where you have deposited.

ASIF007
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ASIF007 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:49 pm

If the Rifle is still deposited with the Police Department try to get your Licence and acquire it. If it is sold try to contact the current holder and buy it at a reasonable price. After all it must be priceless to you.

Regards
Asif

dhruvkumarvv
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dhruvkumarvv » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:07 am

My father's Vintage Rifle already sold because his legal heir I only 15 year old at 2005 now I am 30 year old so, Rifle was deposited first and same sell to dealer or anyone by relative's contact
-So how I owned licence?
-What have to do for getting rifle on my name behalf of my late father was licence and I am his legal heir?

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:16 pm

dhruvkumarvv wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:07 am
My father's Vintage Rifle already sold because his legal heir I only 15 year old at 2005 now I am 30 year old so, Rifle was deposited first and same sell to dealer or anyone by relative's contact
-So how I owned licence?
apply for a licence ..get it..then get back your dads rifle on it...youll have to get transfer permission from Dm of the place where your dads licence was registered