My farm truck last March

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

My farm truck last March

Post by Mark » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:22 pm

We had a freak snowstorm last March, and here is my farm truck-
1985 Ford F-250- 4WD, Diesel, and manual transmission.

It's nice to look at when it is hot outside!

Image[/img]

For Advertising mail webmaster
axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:34 pm

beautiful, the truck and the snow. I wish they made Grand Cherokees with manual transmission.

I live in central New England (southern NH) and I am one of the few people who don't mind the snow.

When I do get a second vehicle (3-4 years from now), it will be a truck.

Which one, I haven't decided.

-N

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:16 pm

I realise snow can be a real pain in many ways but for chaps like us who rarely see it, if ever, that pic sure is a beautiful sight.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:33 pm

What a sight...

Looks like a Nice truck.... from whatever is visible :mrgreen:

So how long does it take to start in that kinda weather :mrgreen:

Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:13 pm

Mack The Knife,
Yes, being from India myself, I was fascinated when I first saw snow fall. I had been to places where there was snow on the ground but had never seen snow fall, until I moved to the US. This will be my fourth winter, but the fascination continues.

Inder,
I know what you mean (from the Premier NE 118 days) but I have never had 'starting problems' with any of my vehicles here, even in the worst of storms, and haven't heard of anyone else having trouble. This is the case with new - fairly new vehicles, very old and not well maintained vehicles might have issues though.

-N

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:53 pm

Starting the car/truck is the least of the problems in cold weather/snow. Driving is the real challenge with snow, ice and a mixture and not knowing what it is there adds to the "challenges". This one time my good friend Sunil and I were headed out on the weekend. It snowed and warmed up some and cooled down again. So, our car (Toyota corolla) was buried in about 3 or 4 inches of solid ICE. We could see the road thru the ice and the tires sticking out of the ice. When we hit the gas, the wheels would just spin in that ice bucket, we could smell the rubber burning on the part where it touched the road. We were both new to snow/ice then, a neighbor told us to put some tree branches under the tyres for traction and that did the trick. We pulled out of there after a few tries.

The only other "incident" I had was when my car free wheeled about 3 turns in about 4 inches of snow. Lucky for me, there was no other car on the road and when my car came to a stop, and my heart started back up, I slowly pulled out of there.

All my 8 winters here have been in snowy areas, my last three deer hunts too were in snow. Its "different".

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:11 pm

kanwar76 wrote:What a sight...

Looks like a Nice truck.... from whatever is visible :mrgreen:

So how long does it take to start in that kinda weather :mrgreen:

Inder
It is usually not bad. It has 2 batteries in it, and to be honest I give it a shot of ether when the weather gets below about 50F. I have a hose that runs into the intake and comes out under the dash. It gets a 2 second burst of ether and always fires right up.