Jeep CJ3B

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Jeep CJ3B

Post by Pran » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:35 pm

mundaire";p="11953 wrote: I was forced to adapt a scooter clutch wire to the purpose. These are really cheap at 10 bucks or so... and are widely available, so not an entirely bad choice - BUT they would fail frequently, so I took to carrying a couple of spare sets with me at all times.
Isn't it too thin to be used as jeep's accelerator cable?

Had once tried adapting it to the outer of my bike's clutch cable and noticed that the stopper tends to shift on prolonged use.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:45 pm

my intended and actual use of this vehicle was for fairly rough off-roading (Asif & Mack The Knife might have an idea of what this entails.) ;)
I still wonder why I did not end up breaking my tail bone. It wasn't as if there were any lack of opportunities.... :mrgreen:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:41 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="11959 wrote:I still wonder why I did not end up breaking my tail bone. It wasn't as if there were any lack of opportunities.... :mrgreen:
The only things lacking were shock absorbers that actually absorbed some shock - eh? ;) :lol:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:58 pm

The problem was being thrown up from the wheel arch and then landing on that bloody edge. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH.....!!!!!

Finally took pity on Doc and made him exchange places with your cousin who was having a cushy ride all day long. The poor chap almost caught his death of cold - the cousin, that is. :mrgreen:

Having said all that, I'd do it again in a jiffy. Now if only I could find my gloves.... <sniff!>

tutsamewasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tutsamewasa » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:27 am

Hi All,

Though I will also poke my small nose here :)

Just bough one such Jeep couple of months back. Was saving money to buy 12 Bore for shooting events but gave up to Babus to get license for time being and bought Jeep :) So happy as well as said. Got what I liked and gave up what I loved. Hope would get the lisence soon and buy the 12 Bore as well :)

Here are few pics.

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:50 am

Hi tutsamewasa!!!

Nice jeep .Are u running it on petrol?
I also own smae like it but running it on LPG.
Congrats!
tutsamewasa";p="12808 wrote: Hi All,

Though I will also poke my small nose here :)

Just bough one such Jeep couple of months back. Was saving money to buy 12 Bore for shooting events but gave up to Babus to get license for time being and bought Jeep :) So happy as well as said. Got what I liked and gave up what I loved. Hope would get the lisence soon and buy the 12 Bore as well :)

Here are few pics.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

tutsamewasa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by tutsamewasa » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:17 pm

Petrol :| :) No Brother !

Got the new DI engine that gives 18 KM/Ltr so cool.

jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by jonahpach » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:01 pm

How is the clutch and how are the brakes..? Are they modified or the original CJ.

Jonah
Speak softly and carry a big gun!