Photobucket Breaks Image Links Across the Internet

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Photobucket Breaks Image Links Across the Internet

Post by pistolero » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Gentlemen,

I believe that as per the below article, photo bucket will no longer be free:

http://uk.pcmag.com/webcom/90124/news/p ... e-internet

I understand that a lot of us, have posted our pictures on PB and have attached the links, here. It could be that over a period of time, we might start losing those images.

Please do look at alternatives. Flikr is free...till they exploit it for cash :evil: :twisted:

Regards,
-P
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Photobucket Breaks Image Links Across the Internet

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:00 am

The problem has started to manifest, may read this thread viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23486&p=249586#p249586

Yes Flickr is free till now. Requesting readers to list other sites too that may not suddenly change their policy. Do Google and Microsoft also allow linking pictures to third party websites?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

gimmethex
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Photobucket Breaks Image Links Across the Internet

Post by gimmethex » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:38 pm

$399 per year, are they crazy? This is OUTRAGEOUS. I shall be using Imgur from now own. I know this thread's pretty old, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the alternatives are much better, and... well, free.