The salary of Salman Khan's bodyguard Shera will shock you!

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

The salary of Salman Khan's bodyguard Shera will shock you!

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat May 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Was shocked to read bodyguard of Salman Khan receives a salary of Rs. 15 lakhs(15 hundred thousand) per month! What is so special about this bodyguard? Body building awards? Or menacing appearance? Or dedication to the job? Or experience? Or trustworthiness? Do the retired commandos etc. from armed forces, NSG etc. also get similar salaries?
Salman Khan's bodyguard Shera is no less a celebrity himself. He recently made headlines when he was given the task of guarding Justin Bieber during his India concert in Mumbai.

Not just Bieber, Shera had also secured the safety of many other international celebrities when they visited India in the past, like Michael Jackson, Will Smith, Jackie Chan and also Bollywood celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan.

Shera has been with Salman for 20 years now. Being the bodyguard of one of the biggest superstars of the country is not an easy job as Salman is constantly mobbed by fans. So do you know how much Shera is paid for his job? According to Business of Cinema, he gets a whopping Rs 15 lakh per month (close to Rs 2 crore a year) for guarding Salman.

Born as Gurmeet Singh Jolly in a Sikh family, Shera has a few body building awards under his belt, including Mr Mumbai. He also ranked second in the Mr Maharashtra contest.

In recognition of Shera's dedication, Salman has promised to groom his son Tiger for Bollywood. Tiger is learning the art of filmmaking and has been assisting directors. He was an assistant director for Salman's Sultan.

In other news, Salman will next be seen in Kabir Khan's Tubelight on the occasion of Eid this June. He also has Tiger Zinda Hai, which is the sequel to 2012 release Ek Tha Tiger, alongside Katrina Kaif lined up.
Source http://www.ibtimes.co.in/salary-salman- ... you-726582
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: The salary of Salman Khan's bodyguard Shera will shock you!

Post by marksman » Sun May 14, 2017 2:17 pm

How is this topic concerned with IOF I wonder. Is this Shera a gun enthu? or is it something to envy? Just curious.

Marksman

Akash fdp
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Akash fdp » Sun May 14, 2017 2:39 pm

Mr Marksman. I completely agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alab Arsalan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Alab Arsalan » Sun May 14, 2017 3:12 pm

And I agree with Akash fdp :wink:
people had money that they don't know what to do! :shock:

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sun May 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Well, "general rambling" is part of the forum.

To the question of what retired commandos get, it depends on their skill of choosing an employer, or what an employer see worth in them. That said, NSG's might make bad bodyguards. They are trained on very different parameters. SPG's on the otherhand are trained specifically for "guarding bodies"..... They are totally different skill sets.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 pm

marksman wrote:How is this topic concerned with IOF I wonder. Is this Shera a gun enthu? or is it something to envy? Just curious.
As already pointed out by another member, it is general ramblings. Nothing to do with the Indian Ordnance Factory or gun rights. About envy or jealousy etc. can't say anything because it varies from person to person, is all in mind, the way of thinking or perceiving.
Big Daddy wrote:NSG's might make bad bodyguards. They are trained on very different parameters. SPG's on the otherhand are trained specifically for "guarding bodies"..... They are totally different skill sets.
I see, so there is a difference in training.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992