Over a hundred illegal guns, two lakh cartridges, animal trophies, skins, meat seized from ex Colonel's home

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
thind_aman
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Over a hundred illegal guns, two lakh cartridges, animal trophies, skins, meat seized from ex Colonel's home

Post by thind_aman » Tue May 02, 2017 1:25 pm

Just wanted to share this shocking piece of news.

Excerpt from the news article:
Of the seizures made, 117 kg nilgai meat stored in a refrigerator, animal skins, ivory, five deer skulls, horns of sambar deer, antlers of antelope and blackbuck and 40 guns were seized from a makeshift warehouse at the house of a retired army colonel in Meerut, a DRI and a forest department official said.

The colonel’s son Prashant Bishnoi is a national level shooter and a key suspect in the case, a DRI official said. However, nothing specific has come out against the ex-army officer, he said.

The alleged racket came to light after three persons including a Slovenian national, suspected to be a supplier of illegal arms, were intercepted on Saturday at the Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) airport.
Read the full article here

For Advertising mail webmaster
Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Over a hundred illegal guns, two lakh cartridges, animal trophies, skins, meat seized from ex Colonel's home

Post by Woods » Tue May 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Our renowned shooters continue to make headlines for wrong reasons . Too many poaching incidences found inviting disgrace and bad repute .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Over a hundred illegal guns, two lakh cartridges, animal trophies, skins, meat seized from ex Colonel's home

Post by andy_65_in » Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Somebody tipped the law about this chap.Anyway hes cooked his goose.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue May 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Not supporting those who are not in a good financial condition should be doing illegal activities, but if they indulge in illegal activity, the matter is somehow understandable.

Unable to understand why some people who are reasonably well to do financially, indulge in these kind of illegal activities. If they want to hunt or eat meat of particular animals, they can visit countries where hunting or consuming meat of such animals is legal.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

NairSaab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by NairSaab » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:Not supporting those who are not in a good financial condition should be doing illegal activities, but if they indulge in illegal activity, the matter is somehow understandable.

Unable to understand why some people who are reasonably well to do financially, indulge in these kind of illegal activities. If they want to hunt or eat meat of particular animals, they can visit countries where hunting or consuming meat of such animals is legal.
I fully agree. Many people do not know that there is legal hunting in USA, Canada, NZ and some African countries. I just came back from a hunting trip in Michigan, USA. We can hunt Whitetail deer / Elk / Bear and many local species and also exotics (including Blackbuck). This is possible during season in public lands after buying licenses and tags. Hunting is also done throughout the year in private high fence lands without any license. We can also do taxidermy and import the hunting trophy to India (I am in the process of doing it), as long as there are no "look alike species" in India and there is a restriction of about 20 trophies in a year. Total cost including airfare, stay, guns etc will come to about 3 lakh to 4 lakh INR maximum. If anyone is interested please contact me. Next trip I plan to make in mid February 2018 (before the antlers are shed).

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:14 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Not supporting those who are not in a good financial condition should be doing illegal activities, but if they indulge in illegal activity, the matter is somehow understandable.

GBM I’m surprised to hear you have also fallen for the poverty-crime link theory.

If anything the opposite is true. Take India for example. The poverty is going down but the crime is increasing.
Ask your elders about the state of poverty 50 years ago when kids used to die from starvation and ask them about thefts burglaries.
It was common back then not to have houses locked in the daytime. In the villages huts didn’t even have doors forget locks.

This is an ace from governments to quote that crime is because of poverty. We need to eradicate poverty for your safety ( to reduce crime)

Next step more taxes
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:03 pm

shooter wrote:

GBM I’m surprised to hear you have also fallen for the poverty-crime link theory.
It appears there is some communication gap due to the nature of this mode of communication. If you read my reply the emphasis is on the word somehow.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992