A good move?

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

A good move?

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:11 pm

What you gents think?
IMG_6148.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: A good move?

Post by Vikram » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Something is better than nothing. Unless the specific nature of this training is known, difficult to comment upon the efficacy of this programme. If there is a mob, comprised of even three-four people, usual karate/judo style stuff may not work as simply the level of proficiency required is not going to be there in most cases.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Unless you are already in a castle like strong defensive enclosure, whatever be the training or equipment for self defense, arguing and escalating the matter in any manner, when very closely surrounded by a violent mob on all your sides can be very suicidal. If this training to medical staff is about the skills on how to pacify the mob and deescalate the tempers, then it might be useful.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 am

Either talk and pacify the mobs or predict and run. A angry mob cannot be handled no matter how much you are trained in self defense. Best of best masters vouch for it.
I think it will be a good idea to talk n try n understand the situation and get sympathetic and buy time for law and enforcement to reach. Or just check for escape route and run for life.
I would like to see other versions from people too
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:59 am

Vassili Zaitsev wrote:Either talk and pacify the mobs or predict and run. A angry mob cannot be handled no matter how much you are trained in self defense. Best of best masters vouch for it.
I think it will be a good idea to talk n try n understand the situation and get sympathetic and buy time for law and enforcement to reach. Or just check for escape route and run for life.
I would like to see other versions from people too
first principles of engagement.

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:38 am

First I case majority of the trainee doctors don't know how to behave in emergency situations it may be nth case for you but for the patient and his attenders are not so put down the mobile phone and behave. I have seen many nurse and drs use mobile phones in icus. With that said if u r good and soothing to patient no harm will come to you.