And so it starts

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

And so it starts

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:22 pm

http://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pune/c ... 148044.cms

CUSTOMS SEIZES AIRGUN AT PUNE AIRPORT IN WAKE OF ISIS ALERT
By Sushant Ranjan, Pune Mirror | Dec 24, 2016, 02.30 AM IST
Passenger from US carries banned arms without document of import

The customs department has seized an airgun from a passenger who had come down to Pune from the US recently, approaching the National Investigation Agency (NIA) to seek an inquiry of the passenger. This was in the wake of intelligence inputs that Islamic State (ISIS) operators were using airguns to train new recruits. The investigation agency has now banned the transportation of airguns which are more than .177 mm bore.

Customs officials detained Vijay Khanna at the Pune airport, after stopping him to check his baggage. They found an airgun within his belongings, which is not allowed for transportation in India. The officials also found that the passenger did not have any documents to prove that the arigun was legally brought to the country.

According to the officials of the department, “When we detained him at the airport, Vijay started arguing with us, trying to prove that the gun has been legally imported. But he did not provide any documents. He also claimed that the gun is 0.177 bore, which is not banned in India. After our investigation, we found that the gun is 0.22 bore. We confiscate the gun and send all the details to NIA to begin an inquiry regarding the passenger.”

Last year, NIA officials had conducted raids in Hyderabad, arresting five men who were at an advanced stage of planning strikes on multiple targets in the city, including a temple, markets, malls and a police station. During probe, the agency found that ISIS operators were using airguns to train new recruits. According to the Arms Rules 2016, “Air weapons, including air rifles and air guns having muzzle energy exceeding 20 joules or 15 feet lbs and/or bore exceeding 0.177 or 4.5 mm, shall be subject to licensing requirements and shall be counted within the limit of 3 firearms as defined under Section 3 of The Arms Act, 1959.”

Highly placed sources from the department said, “The passenger was trying to convince us that the airgun doesn’t fall within the purview of the rule. But our probe revealed that it was against the norms. We are liable to check and verify all aspects of passengers. The gun is banned in India and we have forwarded the matter NIA for further inquiry.”

So Arms ruke 2016 is already in effect? When was it approved in parliament?
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: And so it starts

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:54 pm

kanwar76 wrote:So Arms rule 2016 is already in effect? When was it approved in parliament?
It became Rule by Notification subject to satisfaction of Section 44(3) of Arms Act 1959 i.e. approval by both houses of Parliament within 30 working days of Parliament. It appears that it has failed to get Parliamentary approval within 30 working days. Instead the matter is with Parliamentary Committee of Home Affairs.

It appears the person instead of politely dealing with the matter hurt the inflated ego of the officials by arguing. Thus it appears in order to teach him a "lesson" and create an "example" for everyone to see, matter is being hyped up and insinuated as something related with "terrorism".

By the way, does any one knows this person so that he may himself tell his version of the story here on this forum?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Too much of propaganda around these says. Are custom officials are not trained to identify the weapon bore and check legal status?

Needless to say, that the government is trying to get maximum mileage possible from any such event to cover up disarmament, demonetization etc. Government is trying to have its hegemony. And basically we're moving into Orwellian society.

”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:21 am

What happened to RKBA

This video says BJP Supreme leaders supports RKBA but today BJP Leader or Govt not supporting RKBA...Why? (Not against any political parties here)...
Thanks

GANESH TT

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:19 am

Why on Earth the person cannot show the required documents to the officials when asked? Even if you are liable to show documents at Airport customs always.
And why will you lie about your own gun's bore?
This is misleading the officials and not right.
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:41 am

Vassili Zaitsev, many people own airguns which they have had for many years. Since there was no law against owning imported airguns, nor any particular rules regarding their sale/ transfer, not many of these people will have any sort of paperwork with them. The new Arms Rules are simply creating criminals where none existed earlier.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:59 pm

mundaire wrote:Vassili Zaitsev, many people own airguns which they have had for many years. Since there was no law against owning imported airguns, nor any particular rules regarding their sale/ transfer, not many of these people will have any sort of paperwork with them. The new Arms Rules are simply creating criminals where none existed earlier.
Well Said (y)
Thanks

GANESH TT

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:39 am

Thanks for the explanation and yes, I agree with you but since you bought a airgun within your luggage shouldn't there be any declaration from Mr. VIJAY to the authorities once you reach ?

He may not have his papers or purchase bills or orders as per the situation you imagined but after I read the news in Pune mirror link I felt he is either not aware on the customs regulations or trying to sneak a Airgun within his luggage.

And,if this,is,the gun,he has been,using so long taking( your point as consideration )then how did he forgot the bore of the gun? He said it is .177 but later on they found it is .22.

I am,trying to analyze the situation,and what went wrong..
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Vassili Zaitsev wrote:I am,trying to analyze the situation,and what went wrong..
You will not be able to impartially analyze the situation until you hear the both sides. The news item is giving only one sided "official" version. Why? Is it a part of a larger propaganda with a hidden agenda behind it? Is it mixing half truths with half lies to give a different spin?

If you read the news item, it begins with saying "Passenger from US carries banned arms without document of import". This is factually incorrect and probably a deliberate lie because airguns are not "banned arms" by any stretch of imagination. It clearly gives an indication about how much credibility or lack of credibility is in the rest of story.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992