Now, Kerala groups arming themselves with subsidised air guns to tackle stray dog menace | The News Minute

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Now, Kerala groups arming themselves with subsidised air guns to tackle stray dog menace | The News Minute

Post by pradeep2374 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:28 am

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/no ... nace-50964

Hope TN too subsidizes AR!!! [emoji6]

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Now, Kerala groups arming themselves with subsidised air guns to tackle stray dog menace | The News Minute

Post by estousandy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:28 am

This is gonna come back & bite enthusiasts. All the words like 5.5mm, killing animals, airgun, arms act in the same page, especially considering the nature of new arms rules & how it treats .22cal ARs.

I called up Idukki RA secretary yesterday itself right after coming across this report, the guy seemed clearly alarmed.

Why people have to drag in airguns everywhere, it just can't penetrate dogmeat. Some fanatic idiots elsewhere too recently brandished ARs for perceived political mileage. Without noises like this, the inevitable clampdown on ARs can be hopefully delayed.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Now, Kerala groups arming themselves with subsidised air guns to tackle stray dog menace | The News Minute

Post by GNV » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Purest Breed of IDIOTS

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:25 pm

estousandy wrote:This is gonna come back & bite enthusiasts. All the words like 5.5mm, killing animals, airgun, arms act in the same page, especially considering the nature of new arms rules & how it treats .22cal ARs.

I called up Idukki RA secretary yesterday itself right after coming across this report, the guy seemed clearly alarmed.

Why people have to drag in airguns everywhere, it just can't penetrate dogmeat. Some fanatic idiots elsewhere too recently brandished ARs for perceived political mileage. Without noises like this, the inevitable clampdown on ARs can be hopefully delayed.

Very well said.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:16 pm

:shock: Great! More fodder for Menaka!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Even if the local administration feels that it needs to do something about stray dogs, this is not the way. If anything, this is stupid, criminal and inhumane!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:25 pm

When the local administration does not solve the problem (stray dog attacking people) what do people do to defend themselves.

If animal rights and govt try to blame people with AR (who use it to kill dogs for self protection) then the govt and animals lovers are more liable to not solve the problem.. resulting in people trying to solve the problem in their own ways.

I know dogs are domesticated animals, when the govt and LA can provide arms license under crop protection from animals. Why this is not justified for protection of self from animals?
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Without entering into the debate related to the thicket of ethics and morality of killing or not killing the dogs, but if the dogs or any animal for that matter has to be killed, it must be killed in a humane manner. There can be no justification to killing the animal in a manner that prolongs it's suffering, causes torture and pain. Hitting any big animal like a dog with pellets from airgun like .22 will not cause a clean and quick death. It will cause needless pain and suffering to the animal.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:10 pm

In such cases the AR manufacturer association should issue a strong statement against this whilst also disassociating themselves from such programs along with issuing a statement saying this would only wound the animal and not kill it. This will probably help in the cause already being fought and will also ensure a message to the powers that be that their products are made for legal enjoyment not for such purposes of killing and wounding birds or animals.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:34 am

The issue of Stray in KL is deep rooted. I stayed in the state from 2012 to 2014. I stayed in tvm and many other metro and few non metro cities. The issue is with labour(off course their unions) and waste disposal management. Now don't think i am talking only one political party and their particular colour and flag/symbol!!
All political parties have their own unions with different colours and codes. But the main Moto remains the same...we will not work and will not allow other work either.

Stray dogs vaccination and birth control is a huge task for state govt. There are simply not enough force.
Waste disposal is another issue which is very serious in KL. People may deny these two points but they are ground reality.
Another issue butcher houses concealed and located inside the residential areas. There were regular checks by authorities but they operate secretly. In menumkulam the local people had a secret butcher shop in that area.waste disposal from that shop was just throwing or bury in ground.
I worked in Techno park office and took the accommodation in Menumkulum. There are hardly any street light on the road. The dogs who were already had a taste of blood and meat, every night they will chase two wheelers and four wheelers and bite many people on the road. Untill we sent a report with pics to Kazhakuttom police station and closed the butcher shop. The stray issue reduced and by the time I left KL ,it was almost resolved.

We can definitely control the population but let the killing be humane and quick.
Air guns cannot kill a dog and it will be more painful and stupid step to solve the issue.
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Without entering into the debate related to the thicket of ethics and morality of killing or not killing the dogs, but if the dogs or any animal for that matter has to be killed, it must be killed in a humane manner.
I agree. We can have a long debate on the ethics, without any change in perceptions.
The issue of Stray in KL is deep rooted. I stayed in the state from 2012 to 2014. I stayed in tvm and many other metro and few non metro cities. The issue is with labour(off course their unions) and waste disposal management. Now don't think i am talking only one political party and their particular colour and flag/symbol!!
All political parties have their own unions with different colours and codes. But the main Moto remains the same...we will not work and will not allow other work either.

Stray dogs vaccination and birth control is a huge task for state govt. There are simply not enough force.
Waste disposal is another issue which is very serious in KL. People may deny these two points but they are ground reality.
Another issue butcher houses concealed and located inside the residential areas. There were regular checks by authorities but they operate secretly. In menumkulam the local people had a secret butcher shop in that area.waste disposal from that shop was just throwing or bury in ground.
I worked in Techno park office and took the accommodation in Menumkulum. There are hardly any street light on the road. The dogs who were already had a taste of blood and meat, every night they will chase two wheelers and four wheelers and bite many people on the road. Untill we sent a report with pics to Kazhakuttom police station and closed the butcher shop. The stray issue reduced and by the time I left KL ,it was almost resolved.

We can definitely control the population but let the killing be humane and quick.
Air guns cannot kill a dog and it will be more painful and stupid step to solve the issue.
Very well said, Vassili. The main issue here, as I have mentioned earlier in another post, is waste management. Dogs, crows, etc. thrive on waste. If we manage / dispose of it properly, the issue will be resolved.

You can also include lack of "dog management" skills amongst the general population as a reason for the so-called "menace". For example, most people just can't resist the impulse to shriek and run, when they see a dog barking. Contrary to what advertising would have you believe, no supplement can help you outrun a dog. Even Usain Bolt would be caught. Shrieking and running will make the most docile dog chase and attack you. But then, "stupidity" is a human concept.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

gaurav31dec
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gaurav31dec » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:08 pm

essdee1972 wrote:
Without entering into the debate related to the thicket of ethics and morality of killing or not killing the dogs, but if the dogs or any animal for that matter has to be killed, it must be killed in a humane manner.
I agree. We can have a long debate on the ethics, without any change in perceptions.

Very well said, Vassili. The main issue here, as I have mentioned earlier in another post, is waste management. Dogs, crows, etc. thrive on waste. If we manage / dispose of it properly, the issue will be resolved.

You can also include lack of "dog management" skills amongst the general population as a reason for the so-called "menace". For example, most people just can't resist the impulse to shriek and run, when they see a dog barking. Contrary to what advertising would have you believe, no supplement can help you outrun a dog. Even Usain Bolt would be caught. Shrieking and running will make the most docile dog chase and attack you. But then, "stupidity" is a human concept.
I agree with you on the last statement. I have seen people doing this often whereas technically one can not outrun a dog [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk