Wanted to know about the walther pistol that i have received as a gift.

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Bhishm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Wanted to know about the walther pistol that i have received as a gift.

Post by Bhishm » Sun May 29, 2016 2:33 pm

I just received a gift from my aunt , i got the licence transferred to my name . It is a walther pistol 7.65 cal , it had been in the family for around 70 plus years. I can't find what model is this , if anyone knows anything about this pistol kindly provide me with the information.
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
singhfp
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Wanted to know about the walther pistol that i have received as a gift.

Post by singhfp » Sun May 29, 2016 3:28 pm

SELBSTLADE-PISTOLE.CAL.7,65 WALTHER’S-PATENT

its The Walther Model 3

Less seems to be known about the Walther Model 3 than other Walthers, perhaps because there isn’t a lot to know.

The Walther Model 3 is usually said to have appeared in 1910, though there has been some doubt cast as to whether it really appeared that early. 1912 may be more likely.

The Model 3 is a relatively simple fixed barrel, hammer fired, unlocked breech automatic pistol based on the Model 2, though the Model 3 is a mirror image of the Model 2, with the connector and ejection port on the left instead of the right, making it quite unusual in that it ejects the empty cartridge to the left. The external connector runs under the left grip, and is tensioned upward by the long arm of a coil spring mounted on the hammer pin. The connector has a lobe on top that serves as a disconnector when the slide is out of battery. There is an external extractor on the left side of the slide, and a fixed ejector on the right side of the frame. The safety lever behind the hammer blocks the hammer only when it is cocked thus also serving as a cocking indicator. The gun is safe to carry with a round in the chamber.

The recoil spring is concentric, with a bushing at each end. The rear bushing covers the rear of the spring in the area of the ejection port, preventing any buildup of dirt in the spring. Instead of a gnurled muzzle nut with a bayonette lug like the Model 2, the Model 3 has a short bushing that forms the front barrel shroud, with a slot on the underside. A spring-loaded horizontal latch fits into the slot to hold the bushing in place. There is a groove on top of the gun for sighting, and a small front sight attached to the front bushing.

Bhishm
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bhishm » Sun May 29, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks a lot for this useful information.. i truly appreciate your knowledge in this field.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue May 31, 2016 8:32 pm

See the following links for more info about your pistol:
Model 3
http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/WM3/wm3.html

Approx value:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... 058264#PIC
Please note that someone seems to have added a screw to the fornt of your pistol, possibly to hold the bushing in place.
This would detract from the value. Also the grips appear to be home made and that will detract from the value.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941