My 10sec meet with Ghost of the forest

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

My 10sec meet with Ghost of the forest

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:04 am

Well, I don't know how to describe this incident. It was all of a sudden,scary and yet left us excited and the end . The most unexpected thing happened to me last Saturday.
We went to lonavala for drive and enjoy a little cold climate after a week long hectic client visit at my office.We had no plan to stay back. So we went to tiger point for sunset etc. Watched the valley and it was all misty and we were enjoying the supply of hot tea and coffee with pakodas. Soon after sunset the cold wind started blowing.Initially it was very nice and comforting after the hot summer week we had in Mumbai.After a point the wind was chilling and we started blaming for not getting enough warm clothes. Soon the tea/coffee boy traded a pot of hot coal for some few bucks n then the silver moon was up in the sky. Around 10pm we got up for dinner n drive back. Came out of that sunset point n outside no light n both sides thick bush. We drove for 5mins then we saw a cow stating middle of the road. But the structure was not like a cow. Then we thought may be a big dog but we closed in and saw a FULL GROWN LEOPARD. Standing in the middle of the road n Looking on the other side. N on the other side there was a lone biker, it was looking at the biker.The expression of the cat was, "boss i am on my evening walk and dinner,who the hell are you at my home? "
We couldn't believe our own eyes. He is just standing 3 to 5 feet away from our car. Then he looked at us as my headlight was on his back. Looking at the greenish and yet fiery eyes were enough and he slowly walked out in bush. The biker was thrilled but scared. He left immediately. We stood for couple of min in the spot but the SO CALLED GHOST OF THE JUNGLE never appeared again.
We went back to the tigers point and alerted the people about him and drove back home. Everyone was speechless and excited.

Hope u all will like my experience.
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

For Advertising mail webmaster
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: My 10sec meet with Ghost of the forest

Post by xl_target » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:38 am

Cool experience.
When you say "biker" do you mean motorcyclist or bicyclist?
Either way, I'm sure the guy had his heartbeat elevate quite a bit. I know mine would have. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 am

Motorcyclist..
Btw, My home ministry rejected my application for a Tadoba trip as we are able to see wildlife here in Mumbai and surrounding areas.So no need to travel at Nagpur etc etc. :D
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:35 am

Fantastic!! We used to camp at a place called Saltar (ahead of Amby valley) a few years ago and had seen leopard pug marks quite a few times but never encountered one. Thats one lucky sighting and am sure a very thrilling experience (y) (y)

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:57 am

Lucky you!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

russianshooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by russianshooter » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:36 pm

what your mean about ghost - leopard ? or this?