Heads up - Decathlon & Knifecenter

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Heads up - Decathlon & Knifecenter

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 am

Folks, here are two heads up. Many of you might have noticed this, please accept my apologies. For those who haven't this is an alert.

1. Decathlon now has a B2C license for online sales. Which simply menas that yo don't need to have a business to buy its products online. So people outside the few cities where Decathlon is present can also buy their stuff. From personal experience, I would still advise trying the sizes, as they use EU measurements, and EU "average model" for the apparel. They do seem to have a decent return policy, as it appears from the website.

2. Knifecenter now ships only though iGlobal. This adds on really obscene shipping costs & duties. A few of us actually cancelled a recent order - the shipping would have been nearly 25% of the order value, plus the USD/INR conversion used by iGlobal was about 20% higher than the market on that day, and the duties would have been about 12.5%.

This effectively stops a great source of blades, at least for me!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Heads up - Decathlon & Knifecenter

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:49 am

Consider yourself lucky. The least duty I have paid for an order from KC was in the region of 22 odd percent.

What the dickens is iGlobal?

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:52 am

Mack The Knife wrote:
What the dickens is iGlobal?

Apparently its http://www.iglobalstores.com/about-us.html
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:53 am

They do some kind of international e-commerce facilitation. Here's the site, http://www.iglobalstores.com/.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Time to approach the other retailers who ship to india :D
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:25 am

I tried knivesshipforfree dot com. The "free" part is within US only, not surprisingly. The rub is that they seem to keep only 30+ USD blades. I didn't like a single one below 60-odd USD. And so, I didn't get any idea of what the shipping and all would be. I'll try knifedepot one of these days.
Cheers!

EssDee

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Knivesshipfree keep bark river and some other good custom/semi custom manufacturers. Atleast one of those knives is a must in any collection :)
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Report: knifedepot is also 30+ USD. Plus they have huge variety of gear rather than blades. Boots, knee pads, and all the "tacticool" paraphernalia the paintball warriors need to go to battle.

It seems shipping in Amazon.com has also gone up. I am seeing shipping costs >100% of the product cost.

Is there any issue in international shipments? Anybody in international shipping agencies here? Fedex, DHL???
Cheers!

EssDee