Brihacharan

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Brihacharan

Post by Trajeev » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:47 pm

Brihaji is fit,fine & shooting.He celebrated his 82nd birthday on 19 th Sept

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:30 am

I sure do wish that Brihaji would join us again, if even for only a short, occasional post!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:49 am

I second that sentiment timmy, it sure would be nice to have him back, contributing spicy natter on the forum!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:56 pm

I remember having some great chats with him and his interest and knowledge of guns (amongst other things) is astronomical.
Don’t blame him for being unkeen. After a sabbatical of many years, I see the ‘most’ favourite topic is ‘ what does it cost ?’ And YouTube posts on ‘my gun is bigger/faster/costlier than yours’

There must be a whole bit of info over the years here- after you’ve bought your firearm/ air gun, search around, get some net etiquette, look at FAQs. I am of an age where I ABHOR text speak. And will stand by it. So wish Brihacharan a happy 82 and God Bless
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:17 am

‘my gun is bigger/faster/costlier than yours’
Anyone could probably say that about my gaggle of guns with much validity!

I don't much care for Facebook. The list of objections is too long for me to recite and it wouldn't really be on topic!

I can't blame Brihaji for not liking either format. Online social conventions and skills are just being developed and I can't say that the developments are for the better. A lot of today's usages online are quite dismal, I think. Furthermore, The "me too, and now!" attitude is quite upsetting, because it doesn't lead to the constructive exchanges that are needed to build an online community. This is bound to be grating, especially to an educated man used to polite company.

On the other hand, looking at the "weather" outside the gun community, I feel that the state of our survival as gun enthusiasts is at an all-time low. Maybe this forum isn't a viable place to stir up interest, especially positive interest, but I don't know what else to do.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Same here, Timmy. Nothing like the splat of a big flat nose boolit at 1500 FPS. I used to think it was poetic licence - until I heard it for the first time.
I’m very tempted to look at a .36 or .45 TC front stuffer. Looked at a few pedersolis, but quietly put the sinful thoughts aside.
Someday...
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."