Bhopal police arrests two men for converting air gun into point 22 rifles | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at In

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Bhopal police arrests two men for converting air gun into point 22 rifles | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at In

Post by pradeep2374 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:26 am

http://www.india.com/news/india/bhopal- ... es-850709/
Bhopal police arrests two men for converting air gun into point 22 rifles
The two unidentified men arrested by the Bhopal crime branch along with the co-ordination with the local police are believed to be working for local Mafia there, police said. Following their arrest the cops in Madhya Pradesh are ordered to start tracing dens and pockets where such type of weapons are manufactured.
By Zeeshan Shaikh on January 10, 2016 at 5:06 PM
Email
0 Shares

Facebook share
Twitter share
Share on Google+

Comments
crime-branch-1

Bhopal, January 10: The Bhopal crime branch has arrested two men who had turned 22 air guns into point 22 bore rifles. These innovative men are part of an organised racket involved in arms race across the state of Madhya Pradesh.

The two unidentified men arrested by the Bhopal crime branch along with the co-ordination with the local police are believed to be working for local Mafia there, police said. Following their arrest the cops in Madhya Pradesh are ordered to start tracing dens and pockets where such type of weapons are manufactured.

According to police a raid was carried over a tip-off provided by the police officials to by a paid informer after which the accused were nabbed with the weapon.
Report suggest that the air guns which was converted into rifle has a single-shot 22 LR shells, and is not loaded with a pellet. In 2015 Madhya Pradesh has emerged as the state with highest number of crime against elderly person and children across the country.

According to the data provided by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCBR), Madhya Pradesh has a crime rate of 60.2 — the ratio between crime committed and the population in a given area — against the elderly compared to the national average of 18.3.

In 2014 Madhya Pradesh recorded the highest incidents of crime against children in the country with 15,085 cases in one year. In which senior citizen were victims in 39 cases of attempt to murder, 5 cases of rape and 89 cases of robbery in Madhya Pradesh the data showed.

Inspite of several promises made by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan it seems that he had failed to curb the crime in his state.

Modified Date: January 10, 2016 5:06 PM

How is this possible?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Bhopal police arrests two men for converting air gun into point 22 rifles | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends a

Post by mundaire » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Just is just a cheap attempt to boost support for the upcoming licensing of air-guns, that the government is planning to shove down our collective throats.

While the illegal gun industry is happily churning out all manner and types of guns (and even full autos) for criminals, these chaps are trying to create fear in the mind of people w.r.t airguns.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Bhopal police arrests two men for converting air gun into point 22 rifles | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends a

Post by kshitij » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:24 pm

I completely agree with abhijeet.

If only we had a mouthpiece to voice our side to the masses that are swayed with such news articles.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:01 pm

I am amazed at the 'juggad' of these people but wouldn't be overly worried about the sentiment against legal airguns.
The people in the Home Ministry have their hands full with the issue of illegal guns and their manufacturing and are fully aware that nefarious people in this trade are capable of anything. A few years ago there were reports of blank guns being modified.
Licensing of airguns would not solve anything. For someone really determined, a mere formality of license is not going to deter him. Strong , efficient and honest policing is the only answer...but then are we asking for too much ?

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Such conversion of air rifle to cal .22 rifle is old story from Africa. Where local mafia modified them s cheap upgrades.. This is one speculationg by the concerned government parties to curb air rifle and shooting as a sport itself.

Illegal trade is growing rapidly to every corner of the country. Few months ago few people were arrested near Jadcherla (some 85 km from Hyderabad, population would be around 5000) who were trying to sell some desi made arms. And heard they were sophisticated handguns better then that if IOF and what police own :shock: .
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Now tell me, would you be surprised if tomorrow the papers read, "police, in a sting operation arrest two men for converting table legs to gun stocks". You better not be.....that day ain't far brother...that day ain't far.

Reminds me of an apt joke which goes thus.... Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the anus forms before any other opening. Which basically means at one point, you were nothing but an a** h*** .... some people never develop beyond this stage.
BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Big Daddy wrote:Now tell me, would you be surprised if tomorrow the papers read, "police, in a sting operation arrest two men for converting table legs to gun stocks". You better not be.....that day ain't far brother...that day ain't far.
BD
Next they will ban all plumbing pipes (1/2") dia as these could be used as barrels for 12 bore guns ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Big Daddy wrote:"police, in a sting operation arrest two men for converting table legs to gun stocks".
That really cracked me up. ROTFL
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: RE: Re: Bhopal police arrests two men for converting air gun into point 22 rifles | Latest News & Gossip on Popular

Post by pradeep2374 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:24 pm

brihacharan wrote:
Big Daddy wrote:Now tell me, would you be surprised if tomorrow the papers read, "police, in a sting operation arrest two men for converting table legs to gun stocks". You better not be.....that day ain't far brother...that day ain't far.
BD
Next they will ban all plumbing pipes (1/2") dia as these could be used as barrels for 12 bore guns ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha
[emoji1]

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: RE: Re: Bhopal police arrests two men for converting air gun into point 22 rifles | Latest News & Gossip on Popular

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:59 am

Reminds me of an apt joke which goes thus.... Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the anus forms before any other opening. Which basically means at one point, you were nothing but an a** h*** .... some people never develop beyond this stage.
BD
You have a way with words when angry !!!! LMAO !

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

main13
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by main13 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:47 pm

BD
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL !
:agree:

While I do support easier gun laws & privatisation or atleast disinvestment of IOFs, coming from a very desi-gun-friendly place that I do, I've seen the side effects of desi-gun culture up close & it ain't pretty! To that end, criminal elements in the society need to dealt with very harshly & completely 'disarmed' in any way possible. These same desi gun mistris cater to the needs of criminal elements every where & must be 'neutralized' in the larger interest of the society much less imprisoned! (Pls pardon my extremely harsh views on crime-preemption!)
brihacharan wrote: Next they will ban all plumbing pipes (1/2") dia as these could be used as barrels for 12 bore guns ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think we should start a desi-gun manufacturing thread too somewhere.. :lol: :P :twisted: ROTFL
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.