New Rule for cars in Delhi wef 1st Jan 2016

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New Rule for cars in Delhi wef 1st Jan 2016

Post by StampMaster » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:44 am

Hello All,

Its now official that Hyderabad will be joining the club. Telangana govt. However, I think it will be limited to one day a week.. it is something called as "Car free thursday". And it goes "The document claims that having odd and even numbered cars plying on the road in the Hitec City area for a start could reduce the number of vehicles on each Thursday by 50,000. And it will be only two days in a month that you will be ditching your car."
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

For Advertising mail webmaster
jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:53 pm

@chicky isn't it quite evident how these gas bags work without any rhyme and reason or evidence .Its not very different from Tughlaq shifting his capital !
India spend has twitted this :

UNACCEPTABLE headline, I'm afraid. This conclusion is based on ONE sensor. ONE sensor, for an area of 1500 sqkm !!

Such thinking had earlier led newspapers to declare Patna the world's second-most polluted city. Based on 2 sensors !! It is not beyond the realms of possibility that many in the media have made up their mind, to support the odd-even baloney. Data be damned.

http://www.newslaundry.com/2015/06/19/c ... pollution/

Its high time this fraud /bluff is called as this is being internationally highlighted by media houses just around the climate change negotiations .These European /American so called developed countries have contributed the lions share to the greenhouse gases and continue to do so ,but India with a fraction of what they emit is the culprit .This is unacceptable and the government should extract its pound of flesh without being bothered of these obnoxious headlines and rest everything be damned !

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:54 pm

Mr Deo...you are certainly on fire. Good for you and I appreciate your frank veiws.
You should be in politics ( I mean in a good way)...and you'll have my vote. Actually that's exactly what we lack...good people in power and who can make a difference...I really wonder how much time humanity has got, to get it's act together.
Anyway we humans are great improvisors and I am optimist...we will survive (I hope) :D
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:35 am

Folks Delhi and India is looking at poisonous gas chamber setting sorry for sounding like a demagogue...go with what govt proposes its a small step ..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:01 pm

Jugaad: Delhi has a quick fix even for the odds of vehicle rationing

A numbers game is being played out in Delhi’s motor markets to beat the road-rationing plan that kicks in from the New Year’s Day.

Fake number plates, stickers to alter the last digit in keeping with the odd-even formula, ‘reversible’ plates and many more cheat options are on offer.

In fact, the Delhi government’s decision to allow odd-numbered vehicles on the road on odd dates and those with even-numbered plates on even dates seems to have sprung a mini industry of fakes.

Hindustan Times managed to get two plates — one ending with an odd number and other with even — after paying Rs 200 in a West Delhi market. No questions asked.
Source http://www.hindustantimes.com/delhi/how ... MelwI.html
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:18 pm

@ngrewal Proof of the pudding is in the eating ! I was just waiting for the results to come out .Politics in India (Certainly Delhi) has become a theater of the absurd ,here you go .

Air-pollution levels in Delhi rose 15% during the 15-day period (January 1 to 15, 2016) of the state government’s odd-even measure over the previous 15 days (December 17 to 31, 2015), according to an analysis of PM (particulate matter) 2.5 data, generated by IndiaSpend’s #Breathe air-quality monitoring devices.

The increase in PM 2.5 level indicates the need to understand deeper the impact of policy changes, such as the odd-even measure, on Delhi’s air, as IndiaSpend reported, and, with four-wheeled vehicles accounting for no more than 10% of the city’s overall vehicular pollution load, according to a new Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) study, the need for other measures is obvious.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/was-odd- ... 87526.html

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:21 pm

Who is to tell the Emperor that he has no clothes !!

Has the emperor tweeted this data yet !

Shocking! These muppets have totally lost it. Scariest sight in Delhi is that of a tot clinging onto to a bike-rider

This is what the parents are having to go through. Never mind. This is India. Suffrage means suffering.

An explanation as to why making sense of #OddEvenDobara impact is quixotic.Why bother abt science, logic & data, when you can get free media time thru emotional,ideological & political shouts

Fooling the gullible. Delhi data exposed the #OddEvenDobara baloney so let us compare Delhi with its neighbours.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:32 am

Jatinder, I don't know how old you are, but when I was a kid, the (then) Delhi govt used to run ads on Doordarshan and national newspapers. The theme of those ads were "meri Dilli, meri jaan".

One line of that ad stuck to my mind, even in those days. Iske shaan ke liye main kurbaan. To translate, I sacrifice myself for the shaan of Dilli. I cannot attempt to translate the word shaan.

I think the Dilli sarkaar should rerun the ad, just to inspire Dilliwalas to make sacrifices to ensure their city is spick and span!! The sarkaar anyway spends money on ads running even in Mumbai editions of newspapers!

(the above is targeted sarcastically at the Dilli sarkaar. Jatinder and all the male car owners in Dilli suffering from odd-even insanity have all my good wishes).
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley