Inheritance for NRI deceased father.

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
andy_d
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Inheritance for NRI deceased father.

Post by andy_d » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:51 am

Hello All,
I have few concerns regarding Arms Law and Licensing in Surat, Gujarat India.
My father is no more since I was 2, we are 3 brother I am being eldest. He had 3 Firearms 1 revolver and 2 rifles which are deposited at a local police station we live in joint family with my grandfather's brother who is younger. My grandfather is also no more, it's just my mother, my wife and 2 younger brothers. All I have is a copy of my dad license. My grandfather brother's intension is no good and wants to take my dads Firearms.

1) How do we inherit those firearms, do I need to have a Firearm license? Me and younger one reside in Canada and soon will be a citizen. Can I keep licence on OCI status. 2nd brother is in India.
2) How I get more info regarding whereabout of Firearms and procedure to follow under heirloom category?
3) I do posses a Licence here in Canada where I can buy X numbers of Firearms, now can I own multiple firearms on 1 licence in India too?
4) If I need to get licence first what are the chances of getting one, as a Heirloom applicant?
5) Is there anyway we can get those Firearms even without a getting a licence as sentimental attachment.
6) Looks like it my uncles forged my mothers signature and might have acquired later which we have no clue about.

Helpful comments much appreciated from local gun enthusiast thank you all in advance.

Thanking you