Lifetime validity of licences BUT licenses for airguns, replicas, paintball, etc

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Government mulls lifetime validity of arms licences

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 am

ibalajis wrote:So, what can we as air gunners do to handle such situation if (or when) it arises?
ibalajis,

Most of the license holders should also be air gunners. I also started off with air guns before graduating to fire arms. But I still have some old .22 airguns that I am quite attached to. So all of us are in the same boat. Rather the same Titanic.
Watch the video.

Atul

For Advertising mail webmaster
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:20 am

@Abhijeet- thanks for the detailed response and for driving home some excellent points from a more macro perspective; I totally see what you mean. I could not agree more that it is going to affect all of us who love this sport! I second Ibalajis question - what now would be the best way to handle such a situation when it arises?

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:37 am

SMJ wrote:@Abhijeet- thanks for the detailed response and for driving home some excellent points from a more macro perspective; I totally see what you mean. I could not agree more that it is going to affect all of us who love this sport! I second Ibalajis question - what now would be the best way to handle such a situation when it arises?
SMJ,

Look at the brighter side of it. If this air gun rule comes into force, yhey would have to give time to air gun holders to either sell the guns of get a license for them.
Best would be to apply for a license which would be for sports purpose and not self protection and self protection is the only category of licences being issued now days.
It would be difficult if not impossible to refuese the license if you are otherwise eligible for owning a license, as you have legally held the air gun/s for years for sport purpose and taking up a sport does not mean that you have to participate in state or national level competitions. It could be for your own satisfaction.

This would mean that any one who wants an arms license should buy a cheap secondhand .22 air gun and hope the rule gets implemented. Then getting additional weapons would be much easier in the sport category, As he will not have to justify the need but only a desire for taking part in other category of the sport.

Therefore, the only people who would be affected would be persons who already have 3 fire arms and airguns as well.

Atul

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Lifetime validity of licences BUT licenses for airguns, replicas, paintball, etc

Post by pran80 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi,
in case of additional licence to the same firearm for family members how does the government intends to handle the legal implications arising out of intended/unintended actions of co-licencee? Suppose my brother is a co-licencee and he breaches some aspect of Arms Act then the police may confiscate the fire arm in question but then it will be a breach of my right to my licenced firearm with no fault of mine.
Thanks,
Pranjal

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Lifetime validity of licences BUT licenses for airguns, replicas, paintball, etc

Post by SMJ » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Atul ji, yes that may be a likely scenario. Also restriction will be on the FPE NOT caliber as far as I have understood. So how about AR's that DO adhere to this restriction irrespective of caliber- why would they need to get a license :shock:
That was my point in my previous post but as Abhijeet rightly pointed out - this will affect all of us whether or not it meets the criteria :x

abhi11
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhi11 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:40 pm

Next of the list:

License for keeping needles, as its required that we dont harm animals & politicians with them , or stick needles up theirs.........................
Regards
Abhi

" All In All We Are Just Another Brick In The Wall"

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:31 pm

One possible senario could also be the ban on imported airguns :rules: since almost all imported ones are higher powered than those manufactured in India.
My FWB Sport(a springer) easily punches through 300 pages and it's a .177 calibre at 900 ft/sec.So will they insist on licensing this calibre as well ?
This is serious...atleast for a airgun enthusiastic .
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:05 pm

For the replica/airsoft/paintball folks, there's a silver lining if this absurdity ever gets implemented. There will be a legal way to acquire one of those! Remember, eventhough they are 'Restricted' officially, it's 'Prohibited' in reality.

If one already has a replica with bills(preferably cheap), apply for an AL on it. LA has to consider it since it's included under arms, also they can't ask to prove threat to life for keeping a toy. It could only be sports, recreation or collection, all of which are not in their dictionary. Then in what category would they provide? Whatever be, they cant invoke the infamous 'no threat to life' loophole to reject the application. Who would go for a paintball marker to protect their farm??!

For one, our medieval govt officially accepted the existence of these things. But why tread this horribly wrong path to arrive there?

Maybe it's a false news. Or they'll be going for many types of licenses. Get ready for a long stint of bittersweet life.
Last edited by estousandy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:59 pm

Cross the bridge once/ if we reach there..

Atul

Sobo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sobo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:45 pm

There goes any hope of having an airsoft community in India. This is absolutely ridiculous. Why would they clamp down on paintball markers and airsoft guns? Is our police so incompetent?

I can understand that this will be the new methodology for real steel guns but would this be another case where the officials are ill-informed on the current laws for replicas?

Would somebody explain to me what does this exactly mean for airsoft gun? In the eyes of the law, how are they different from airguns shooting steel bbs? Will the licensing make it easier to import and keep airguns or are we going back to License Raj?

Too many questions.

s_sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by s_sharma » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:53 pm

I have some serious doubts regarding firearm replica provision in draft rules. It prescribe arm license for replica of firearms but some airguns are replicas of big rifles or look like them. This provision can be misused by authorities as they are more apt in creating trouble than reading true spirit behind laws or rules.

shifuhpanda
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shifuhpanda » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:14 pm

A plastic kids toy gun can also be fatal if it hits on eye. This too must be under prohibited arms :-P

Sent from my C2305 using Tapatalk

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:45 am

Was musing about the latest Hindi filum,
GUDDU KI GUN
where in Guddu by virtue of possessing a well endowned gun becomes the focal point of mafia and therein arises a law n order situation.
Is there any stipulated caliber, load n barrel length here too with a express view to maintain social parity, peace and harmony in the civil society.