I AM PROUD OF YOU ALL

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: I AM PROUD OF YOU ALL

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:04 am

I have been reading this thread and the other thread that caused creation of this thread. Refrained from replying as it looked like the discussion had been emotionalized needlessly.

If someone says that army(any army or organization for that matter) is made up of 0% or 100% criminals or thugs, it is something difficult to believe.

If someone says that army(any army or organization for that matter) is made up of 0% or 100% saints or sages, it is something difficult to believe.

If someone says that army(any army or organization for that matter) is 0% or 100% corrupt, it is something difficult to believe.

If someone says that army(any army or organization for that matter) is made up of 0% or 100% brave or coward soldiers or officers, it is something difficult to believe.

Can any individual really "tarnish" the image of any organization? It is the political acts of the government, the organization itself or individuals within that organization actually tarnish the image.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:10 pm

GBM,

I agree with most of what you said. However i do not think that anything was needlessly "emotionalized".

When a member makes a statement in a forum that we are a part of and we keep our silence despite reading it, it would mean that we either agree with it or find nothing objectionable in it. i personally couldn't stand what was being said so replied in manner that was as controlled and in line with the forum as possible.

Cheers,
kshitij
Last edited by kshitij on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:56 am

That guy was a douche bag trolling around ,dishonouring our men in uniform .My soldier carries a billion dreams on his shoulder ,day and night and I am not going to let him down .A nation which does not honor its hero's will not long endure and mind you its not the rouge Army across the western border.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:07 pm

kshitij wrote:GBM,

I agree with most of what you said. However i do not think that anything was needlessly "emotionalized".

When a member makes a statement in a forum that we are a part of and we keep our silence despite reading it, it would mean that we either agree with it or find nothing objectionable in it. i personally couldn't stand what was being said so replied in manner that was as controlled and in line with the forum as possible.

Cheers,
kshitij
Remaining silent does not always means agreeing or disagreeing. There is a proverbial saying that silence is golden. Respecting this saying is sometimes useful.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Mallick wrote:Dear Mr.Garg,

Greetings!

I am new here & recently visited. Thought, you may help me out (have seen your posting earlier). I am based in south kolkata & wants to join a good shooting club in city near by my area. I wants to join a club where having long & middle range facilities (in my childhood, I did practice some air rifles). But still I don't know how to make this thing happens! If you please reply my few queires, it would be a great help............

1. Do I need to buy my own rifle to practice in club or to get memebership? If yes, what would be the cost for good quality of long range rifle?
2. How much it costs for amunition to parctice in a month? is it really expensive to practice this sports?
3. Is police verification certificate is mandatory? If yes then why? As I do have a passport, during that time police already verified my criminal/moral & all other records.
4. I am staying in rented flat in Kolkata (my permanent address is outside of kolkata), so will it be diffcult to get Police verification certificates? If it is, then can club help to get this formalities?
5. Which club would be the best in city nearby south kolkata & economical?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks & Regards,

Chinmay Mallick

Hello Mr. Mallick,

Please visit the thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23608

Regards

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:21 am

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Jawan-w ... 841391.cms.

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
Army officials said that Nath Goswami volunteered to join the elite para commando unit of the Army in 2002 and gained a reputation of being one of the toughest soldiers of the unit. "Being an elite commando, he volunteered for all operational missions undertaken by his unit and was part of numerous successful counter-terrorist operations in Jammu & Kashmir," the colonel said. 

Lance Naik Goswami's first operation was conducted in Khurmur, Handwara, on August 23 which resulted in elimination of three hardcore LeT terrorists from Pakistan. "He again volunteered for a second back-to-back operation in Rafiabad, Kashmir, over two days from August 26-27, in which three terrorists were killed and another was captured," Col Goswami said. "The Lance Naik didn't stop there and once again volunteered to be part of another ongoing anti-insurgency operation in the forest of Hafruda near Kupwara on September 3," the Army spokesperson said, adding that this operation proved to be his last, but not before he eliminated four terrorists in a fierce gun battle. 

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:24 am

Army officials said that Nath Goswami volunteered to join the elite para commando unit of the Army in 2002 and gained a reputation of being one of the toughest soldiers of the unit. "Being an elite commando, he volunteered for all operational missions undertaken by his unit and was part of numerous successful counter-terrorist operations in Jammu & Kashmir," the colonel said. 

Lance Naik Goswami's first operation was conducted in Khurmur, Handwara, on August 23 which resulted in elimination of three hardcore LeT terrorists from Pakistan. "He again volunteered for a second back-to-back operation in Rafiabad, Kashmir, over two days from August 26-27, in which three terrorists were killed and another was captured," Col Goswami said. "The Lance Naik didn't stop there and once again volunteered to be part of another ongoing anti-insurgency operation in the forest of Hafruda near Kupwara on September 3," the Army spokesperson said, adding that this operation proved to be his last, but not before he eliminated four terrorists in a fierce gun battle. 

Added in 2 minutes 32 seconds:
Some people should have an eye for such valour , conveniently forgotten sometimes before generalising !

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:24 am

Last edited by jatindra Singh Deo on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Actually speaking my dear friends we people in the uniform of late has learnt to ignore certain types, because we know that most of our countrymen are with us and will stand by us,as we do for them, LNk Goswami is one of the many brave-hearts who are working 24x7 to keep fellow citizens safe and from harms way,therefor statements of a few uninformed hardly makes us look the other way round, and above all we volunteered to Don the uniform no 1 forced us to do so,our psyche is a lil different from average human beings,because hardly any sane mind will leave the comfort of warm bed- home cooked food the warmth of his family for god forsaken isolated posts frozen meals constant fear of the unknown and an uncertain and hostile environment :D so it hardly matters if a few call us name or try and insult us they don't understand that they are also having a peaceful nights sleep because many a people like Goswami are on vigil on the icy heights deep jungles and scorching deserts (y)

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Well said Colonel......
We are with Indian Army...

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:50 pm

Where is the need of using abusive or foul language in any civilized way of discussion, especially by an army officer?

gladiatorgarg
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by gladiatorgarg » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:01 pm

GBM I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings you are a very senior member out here and i respect you for that too...but at the days end we are also human beings with feelings and emotions...and believe you me I have used only the barest minimum...that person who castigated us deserves lot more...you may agree or you may not..that I leave to you (y) ...

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:45 pm

@gladiatorgarg civility is reserved for the civil , rest reap what they sow , absolutely no regrets !

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:07 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Where is the need of using abusive or foul language in any civilized way of discussion, especially by an army officer?
Gladiatorgarg,

I agree with GBM. I would not have used those words on an open forum. If someone would have called me a 'corrupt goon' I would have spent my time energy and money to trace the fellow. Then made him repeat what he wrote a 100 times and then rubbed his face in you know what so that he would have been unable to utter any word for the next 100 days minimum.
Then may be "GO TO JAIL DIRECTLY, DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT 200' But jail for a couple of days is not a bad place. I have been there once for three days till I got bail, but had a lovely vacation 'free of cost'. As an under trial you are free to do what you want the whole day. Play, walk in their huge gardens or sleep.
In fact when I came back life seemed such a bother dispose trash,get milk, open the door for the maid etc, that I warned my wife that I prefer to go back to jail.

Atul