Guns don't kill, people make them killers!!!

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Guns don't kill, people make them killers!!!

Post by marksman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Diwali night, two and half decades ago in Mumbai. A few couples decide to celebrate the night together. No harm. One is from Delhi, son of a political bigwig,carrying a licensed .22 lr revolver. Another couple from advertizing world in Mumbai,the 3rd couple consisted of a famous model and "will surely make it" kind of hero meterial in Bollywood. Well, he happened to be a gun enthu as well (originally from Punjab)and thought he knew all there is about guns. A few drinks down and he comes up with this bright idea of playing Russian Roulette. Maybe all out to impress his new date. Loads a live cartridge at 1 o clock in the cylinder,puts it on his right temple,squeezes off a shot...BANG. THE GUY DIES BY 4am in hospital. Reason..obvious.
Cause, the revolver happens to be a Smith&Wesson, the only revolver make that has its cylinder moving anti clockwise. This poor lad must've used gud ole Webley&Scott or some other normal make all his short life.
Lesson: TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED WHEN IT COMES TO A FIRE ARM.

Ps: the event was described to me as it happened by the couple present there who are still wondering how the gun went off when it wasn't supposed to.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Guns don't kill, people make them killers!!!

Post by Vikram » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:45 pm

marksman wrote:the revolver happens to be a Smith&Wesson, the only revolver make that has its cylinder moving anti clockwise.

I did not know that. One lives and learns. Thank you for that. :cheers:

Personally I do not understand the thrill in placing a loaded revolver against one's head and pull the trigger. :roll:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:07 pm

Cylinder of erma revolvers also rotates anti clockwise
thanks

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Vikram wrote:Personally I do not understand the thrill in placing a loaded revolver against one's head and pull the trigger. :roll:
Best-
Vikram
:agree: obviously a very stupid thing to do

goondasmani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by goondasmani » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:05 pm