shotshells in no.1 & rifled slugs

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

shotshells in no.1 & rifled slugs

Post by marksman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:32 am

Friends,
I have been wondering for quite some time about this. We all know that any kind of hunting is totally banned in our country, right? Then why KF goes on producing shot shell ammo in BBs, rifled slugs and No.1 etc.. The gov't and we all jolly well know this ammo can bring down a fair size animal at close quarters. Of course one can safe guard one's self put down a marauding crow or a charging rat with them no doubt. Why not make these in No.71/2 and 9 instead which could enable beginners in practising trap and skeet shooting. in fact I've been having a hard time from last several years gathering small numbered shots in 2 1/2"length in Mumbai. I have never ever used any of these so called big game loads in a shotgun but have seen disastrous effect on poor half dead animals with these. Especially the rifled slugs made by Shaktiman. I have been made to believe this Shaktiman manufacturer has a heavy political background as well.
marksman

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: shotshells in no.1 & rifled slugs

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:22 am

Marksman,

The 12 bore shot guns are probably the highest no of guns in India (my personal estimate). Because they are very easily available to farmers and land owners. Now I will try to answer your questions.

1. KF manufacturers all the sizes of cartridges, but since there is no demand for the smaller round the dealers do not place orders for these rounds. The reason being that to protect land and crop in the fields (wild boar, neelgai etc) people need powerful rounds. And yes hunting of these animals are allowed or overlooked (decided by the district administration/ gram panchayat).
2. People love to have powerful ammo, just like they love to own powerful cars, powerful scopes on AR's even though on an AR 9X scope has no practical utility.
3. If you talk about utility, then a 30.06 or .315 rifle has no practical use. Besides you don't need a 12g shotgun or even a .22 rifle just to shoot rats.
4. If one talks about self protection then these weapons are required, but number 7.5 or 9 is totally useless.

The above is totally my own opinion. Would love to have the opinion of others on this topic.

Regards

Atul

deep27
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: shotshells in no.1 & rifled slugs

Post by deep27 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:14 pm

Totally agreed with Aadhaulya

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk