Stray dog nuisance

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Stray dog nuisance

Post by essdee1972 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Sorry, replying late. I am a Supply Chain manager for a FMCG MNC.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

For Advertising mail webmaster
drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Recent incidents of stray dog attacks and the govt does nothing and the animal rights activists defend the dogs.

The incident in the first link happened near my house 2 weeks ago. The situation is ridiculous and one cannot even walk on the streets without fear of being bitten.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/c ... death.html

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab/st ... oUIBK.html

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/dogs ... 77488.html

abhi11
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhi11 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:48 pm

just to add to the issue: in my home town in kolkata ( bidhan nagar) people were severely bitten by stray dogs, so we had complained to the kolkata municipal corporation, they took away the mad ones & injected anti-rabbies to the others, with mins of this event , the so called dog lovers in our area made a official complaint to Mrs Gandhi's org, from where we were literally threatened.
Regards
Abhi

" All In All We Are Just Another Brick In The Wall"

ganeshn
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ganeshn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:40 pm

there should be no tolerance when the feral dogs attack kids and the infirm persistently and fatally, The PCA act 1960 does not spell how to deal with such rouge animals.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:30 pm

Call one Mrs. Gandhi
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:37 pm

I love animals and I have even applied penicillin ointment to a small dog with a deep cut till it healed,many years back. However, most of the guys and gals who preach non cruelty to animals will not do this.
Animal lovers around the world ensure animals are not "homeless". In our mother land, so called "organizations" ensure animals which are homeless remain so. I knew some "volunteers" of a PCA group.
The way the reacted rather than solve problems like the ones we are discussing made me wonder if their brains are in their *@ss or their @ss are in their brains. Either one for sure.
True animal lovers would look in to ways of proactively ensuring little or no conflict between man and animal.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:05 pm

I am a dog lover too, and have had dogs in my house for the last 25 years, however the menance of stray dogs is very real. They are reasonably intelligent and when confronted, they attack as a pack (which is their inheirent primal instinct ).
Just yesterday while on my morning walk, I saw a motorcyclist hitting a stray dog, who happened to suddenly cross the road . On being hit the dog yelped and the motorcylist had also fallen down hard. While I and a few bystanders rushed to pick up the fallen motorcyclist, a few dogs (about 5-6 of them) came up and started agressively barking at us. So just we had rushed to help, so did the dog pack .
The only solution is nutering them, and every RWA should contribute in doing so, provided the Municipality arranges for an Agency to carry out these operations.

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:58 pm

I am a dog lover too. I have raised 4 pet dogs over the years, my current dog is 13 year old. My other dog was 6 and was very much proactive. Our tenant let the gate open for some time and stray dogs attacked my dog and very badly injured around 11am when we were all out for work.

We did our best to get the treatment done but no use.

These dog lovers organizations are mentally sick people with no human attachments or value, care for dogs more than human. Why dont they adopt the sick and mad street dogs instead of raising alarm on the residents who complaints. Double standard idiots.

And my aunt's family (psychologically sick). Care some much for their dog which they haven't done to their own kids. They put their dog in temperature controlled room and have even not attended family wedding yesterday "saying the need to take care of the dog". :x . And my uncle wants everyone not to address their dog as dog... so should we call it CAT, DONKEY?

May be we've to collect all the stray dogs and release them in the house of so called dog lovers. ROTFL ROTFL
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:38 am

Having a dog is a nice excuse for not attending weddings of people who may be related to you, but you don't like (as they say, you can't choose your relatives - most of mine are anti-gun crazies). I have used my mother's heart issues and my son's swine flu for similar purposes. And my dog ensures that I don't have too many visitors. I just hate making small talk, as if someone's son's exam results or daughter's marital issues have any bearing on my life!! (I'm crazy). People are so scared of a large dog, nicely chained a long way from you, it would have been funny if it were not so pathetic!

Having said that, I stick to my point made earlier - the way we are making tigers extinct is not by shooting them en masse, but mainly by taking away their prey base. Similarly to remove stray dogs, one has to keep cities clean. Knee jerk reactions (on both sides of the dog divide) are never solutions.
Just yesterday while on my morning walk, I saw a motorcyclist hitting a stray dog, who happened to suddenly cross the road . On being hit the dog yelped and the motorcylist had also fallen down hard. While I and a few bystanders rushed to pick up the fallen motorcyclist, a few dogs (about 5-6 of them) came up and started agressively barking at us. So just we had rushed to help, so did the dog pack .
What if that biker had hit a person? Wouldn't you have had a dozen of his friends bash up the biker? I have (a week or so back) had occasion to skid to a stop due to a young lady crossing the road while continuing her conversation with her friends whom she had left on the other side. What do you think would have happened to me or my car if the ABS hadn't worked perfectly? At the very least, I would have to shell out cash for the lady's treatment. And for absolutely no fault of me or my car!!!

A good story on stray dogs..... long long back, in my home town, there was a pack of dogs in our neighborhood, who were fed by some of us. Then one fine morning, some high-up guy in some political party decided to have a riot. There was a bunch of hooligans with sticks and suchlike implements advancing towards our lane. And these stray dogs just tore into them! Sent them running. We were also ready with whatever dandas and cricket bats we had, but civvies v/s goondas isn't a very good place to be!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Dear essdee1972,

You are obviously one of those who justify stray dogs , but as you say :

What if that biker had hit a person? Wouldn't you have had a dozen of his friends bash up the biker? I have (a week or so back) had occasion to skid to a stop due to a young lady crossing the road while continuing her conversation with her friends whom she had left on the other side. What do you think would have happened to me or my car if the ABS hadn't worked perfectly? At the very least, I would have to shell out cash for the lady's treatment. And for absolutely no fault of me or my car!!!

That and your example of goondas being chased away by stray dogs ...( I am happy that they did that, though), are one off examples. I can recall so many including one where my son returning from a late evening tution was stalked and cornered by a group of dogs and it was scary when I was told about it. There are always two sides of the coin, the debate will go on, it's just of matter of which side we look upon. Both are completely correct in their own spheres but you will appreciate that, when matters become inexcess , it is when remedial steps need to be taken.
In Delhi (where I stay) there is another major menance i.e monkeys...but then thats another story completely.

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:06 pm

Yes, I agree there is always two side of the coin..

These pet lover societies are only bothered about the page 3 profile but not ready to take responsibility of the stray dogs.

My last post was sarcastic about so called pet (animal) lovers. pet lover group, local municipal authority or residents have to be careful about these stray dogs. Providing regular vaccination and ID/badges etc so there is no danger of spreading rabbis or any other diseases.

Juthe bhale das hazar ki hi kyon na hoon, pairon mein hi pehna jaate hai. Dogs have been man's friends for centuries and they are adopted by human for specific reasons like hunting, security etc. So lets not try to change dogs nature and characteristics, appreciating the way dog has been created by god (nature).
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:23 pm

here we also love dogs on the plate
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:23 am

nagarifle wrote:here we also love dogs on the plate
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL I remember when I was doing my higher secondary at chennai,
some of my fellow hostellers were nagas. One afternoon the dog in the first house outside the back gate went missing. Voila!!! Roasted meat magically appeared for dinner.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.