an United States Marine

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

an United States Marine

Post by xl_target » Fri May 01, 2015 8:09 pm

When I was in college, we had an ex-US Marine on our dorm floor, going to school on the GI bill. We called him the "Mad Marine". He looked like a perfectly normal guy but occasionally he did "stuff".
I never saw him hurt anyone or say a mean word to anyone. He went home almost every weekend to see his brother and his dog.
Every so ofter, on the weekends, I used to catch a ride with him to go and see my girlfriend who lived in his hometown.
One day we were coming back to college in his late 1960's Volkswagen microbus and the weather turned drizzly and foggy. Most Volkswagens of that day had crappy defrosters and it just wouldn't keep the windshield clear.
Tentative suggestions were made about stopping for a while but he said "we ain't stopping " and put his fist through the windshield (there wasn't a scratch on his fist). Once he had a hole cleared, he just continued driving.
...and this was when he was stone cold sober.

Reading this reminded me of him:

"I never faced anything in my life that I didn't figure I can whip"
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (Bob Herzog) -- I don't know about you, but if I was faced with a bear, I'd turn right around and walk, rather run the other way. But one 73-year-old California man had a slightly different approach.When he faced down a ferocious creature, Carl Moore decided to punch it. "I ain't run from nothing, I never have in my whole life and I ain't going to start now. And you're not going to sacrifice my babies for some damn bear" Last week, Lacy the dog started whimpering outside. So Moore ran out and there it was. A bear just standing there. Carl says the bear stared him down and refused to move, so he says he landed a huge punch right to the bear's face.The bear is now gone and Carl doesn't think he'll be returning.
[youtube][/youtube]
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: an United States Marine

Post by ckkalyan » Sat May 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks for sharing these fabulous gems xl_target!

Semper Fidelis (y)
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!