Girl shot dead in Bangalore School

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Girl shot dead in Bangalore School

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Another unfortunate incident to expect a violent unroll of public rage over arms control.
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Arti ... 2015003008
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Arti ... 2015001027
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/ban ... 056680.ece
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Arti ... 2015003047

The accused seems to be mentally unwell and these idiots get access to local made pistols and enables them to do such heinous acts.
Luckily the pistol malfunctioned, as expected off a 'country-made' pistol and that saves a dozen at least.
A sad day indeed...

-Arvind S.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Girl shot dead in Bangalore School

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:08 am

Terrible incident, my heart goes out to the victims and parents. :(

These places, Whitefield and Kadugodi were such peaceful areas during my study there; all it needs is one nut-case!
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:04 am

Very sad.I have no words to express my feeling..

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:32 am

Gents any ideas on this surprisingly well made, locally produced, semi automatic handgun? Seems to have a substantial magazine capacity?

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:36 am

ckkalyan wrote:Gents any ideas on this surprisingly well made, locally produced, semi automatic handgun? Seems to have a substantial magazine capacity?
[ Image ]
Looks like this would give any foreign made stuff 'a run for its price' :D
If this is what a 'local manufacturer' can produce - its high time the govt. start recruiting these gunsmiths into their armament factories :lol: :lol: :lol:
Briha

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:01 am

Sad. Extremely sad. Another dream scotched at the hands of a psycho.

And now the repercussions for all of us! No one can do anything to the illegal gun factories, though! Only the legal, peaceable gun owners are likely to suffer.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:51 am

These images tell a frightening story....

Briha

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:25 am

There are 2 more shooting events happened yesterday in Saroornagar, Hyderabad and in 2 police were killed in Suryapet.

Police suspect the same gang is involved in both the incidents. Some news channels confirm that these assailants used semi auto desi pistols manufactured from UP, Bihar.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

Ultimate Sniper
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ultimate Sniper » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Indeed its becoming a (bad) trend and unfortunately availability of the so called 'country-made' fire arms are increasingly rather dangerously raising concern.
The accused here is having an income of just 8K per month and he managed to get access to such a piece and that makes it cheap as well.
This allegedly north-Indian made pistol really looks impressive and seems was well made.
The misfire was apparently (luckily) due to overuse and abuse of the piece, else he would have killed 4 girls as per his wicked plan.
The pistol magazine can hold upto 13 rounds, but was loaded only with 9 in this case, as per the police version.

http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Arti ... 2015001047
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Arti ... 2015002047
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Arti ... 2015003003

-Arvind S.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Bennedose,

I find the tone of your post highly objectionable. Your use of sarcasm verges on the lines of accusation. If you make a point on legally sensitive issues, please keep them straight with no leeway for misinterpretation,deliberate or unpremeditated.

No one is encouraging buying a country made illegal gun here and to insinuate that is in plain bad taste. One is pointing to the fact that they seem to be getting better. And no one is going to buy one because of the observations. They have been available to criminals before and they are now. They do not need IFG to tell them that.

With cheap lathes easily available, the lure of easy money is driving the supply high. In the recent shootings in the state of Telangana, four police lost lives to these illegally made guns. Earlier it used to be the case of press (the trigger) and pray. Now, they seem to work much better. A reason for the law enforcement authorities to take a harder look at the menace.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:36 am

Vikram, I totally agree with you.

I also find it objectionable that one member here on IFG would take this statement:
Ultimate Sniper wrote:This allegedly north-Indian made pistol really looks impressive and seems was well made.
and twist it into such an obvious straw man in order to pontificate:
bennedose wrote:Regarding the "well made pistol" - I am astonished that people can judge the quality of a pistol from photo. I thought that pistols have dozens of more crucial things that one needs to look for - like tolerances and quality of steel/alloy. How many of those who have licences have actually bought one of these weapons?
It is the clear and obvious inclusion of Ultimate Sniper's words "looks impressive and seems was well made" that I refer to here.

Bennedose, your use of thinly veiled innuendo is frankly disgusting to me:
bennedose wrote:Surely - with so many knowledgeable people on here there must be many owners of these country weapons with licences. Surely we should be able to get feedback about them.
Why don't you just come out and accuse members here openly of owning illegal guns, if that is your opinion?

This behavior is highly objectionable to me, as well.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:13 am

Jumping to hasty conclusions usually results in more harm then any good. In this context it would have been wiser for both posters and moderators to understand and clearly mention what they really mean to express.

It needs to be understood that:

1. "country made weapon with license" is not equal to "counterfeit weapon with license"

2. "country made weapon with license" is the one where the licensing authority acknowledges it on license that it is a country made weapon. Possession of such a weapon is legal but might be extremely unsafe to use. If I am able to recall correctly, someone had posted that there have been some instances where government had indeed issued licenses for country made firearms. Since it is legal to possess a country made firearm with license, that is exactly why in Schedule II of Arms Rules 1962, there is provision for issue of arms license for country made firearm in entry 23. It can be read at http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india ... le_II.html

Having said all this, I would very strongly tell every reader of this forum to desist from possessing any country made firearm, besides being very unsafe, it is completely illegal to possess such firearm without license.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:09 am

ckkalyan wrote:Gents any ideas on this surprisingly well made, locally produced, semi automatic handgun? Seems to have a substantial magazine capacity?

[ Image ]
that pistol looks peculiar to munger made pistol.
as goodboymentor said ''stay away from country made firearms''.passion for firearm can lead you to illegal arms.

regards
dr.jk

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks Vikram, timmy, goodboy_mentor, dr.jayakumar.

I was merely expressing my astonishment at how good the locally made pistol looked in the picture. The fact is that I have never seen, handled or fired such an instrument, hence my curiosity.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:26 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Thanks Vikram, timmy, goodboy_mentor, dr.jayakumar.

I was merely expressing my astonishment at how good the locally made pistol looked in the picture. The fact is that I have never seen, handled or fired such an instrument, hence my curiosity.
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 7346,d.c2E

here is a link,the gun looks excatly like the one here.
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 7346,d.c2E
regards
dr.jk