My new Coat Hanger

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

My new Coat Hanger

Post by Pran » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Hello Folks,
Its been a long time after I've posted on IFG. I had some free time on my hands and got working on a small project that had been shelved for quite some time. I had picked up two socket spearheads from Dehradun. The plan was to make a tripod with three spears and fix coat hanger hooks on the handles.

My initial choice of handle was solid wood. However, I later chose solid bamboo because it was cheaper, easier to use and saved me the hassle of going to a wood turning shop. I sanded these bamboo sticks with two grades of sandpaper, wiped them clean and sprayed two coats of lacquer. The spearheads were force fitted using a wooden mallet. I later marked and drilled holes on the handles. The hanger hooks were screwed on. I tied the spears using 40lbs fishing line and concealed the line using an old leather belt.

Herewith some pics of the coat hanger :)

Regards
Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My new Coat Hanger

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:03 pm

Very imaginative..... and a well done job..

Regards

Harish Asnani
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Harish Asnani » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:01 am

Innovative thinking but does this actually serves the purpose. Regards

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:29 am

Very nice and clever idea Pran!
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:50 am

Thanks Folks!

@Harish: It does. Each hook can take two clothes and there are twelve hooks on it.

@Mark: Nice to hear from you. Been a long time after we last interacted. You will receive an email shortly! :D

Regards
Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

Are they serious spears?good innovation.
regards
drjk

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:04 am

Hello Doc,
I wouldn't know. Never used them for anything. However, the chap who sold them to me told me they were 'úsable'.
Regards
Pran

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:16 pm

Ho Ho Ho, Must be a very auspicious day today :D

Looks really good. I am taking off chrome from mine. Giving it a antique look, will put patina with vinegar and mustard. Thanks for giving me an idea, I know what I am going to make now ;)
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Thanks Inder!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:53 pm

Nice great