Blue dogs

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Blue dogs

Post by spin_drift » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:45 am

In bid to curb killer canine attacks, Bareilly officials decide to paint dogs blue

BAREILLY: Desperate district officials in Baheri, which has been reeling under the attack of killer dogs who have devoured as many as five children in the last 40 days, have come up with a bizarre way to tackle the menace. District authorities said on Thursday that starting March 1, they will start painting dogs that people need not fear, blue. This, they added, would help differentiate 'normal' dogs from the killer ones. "The teams which had been constituted to track the killer packs were unable to differentiate between normal dogs and the aggressive ones. Therefore, it was decided at a meeting convened by the district magistrate and attended by scientists of the Indian Veterinary Research Institute as well as forest and police officials, to paint the normal ones with blue colour. This will help us in distinguishing the dogs even from a distance," said Rameshwarnath Tiwari, SDM Baheri.

As to how they will go about colouring the dogs, the SDM said, "It will be difficult for us to catch them and paint them. Instead, we will get villagers to pour buckets of thick blue paint on the animals. The colour is expected to remain on the dogs for at least 10 days." But with Holi around the corner, wouldn't such arbitrary colouring add to the confusion? "We will also be marking the dogs that have been painted blue with a cross mark to prevent confusion," said the SDM adding that a team comprising nearly 15 villagers along with officials of the forest department and Nagar Palika will start combing the affected villages from Sunday. "Our plan is to give drugs to the dogs to induce behavioural changes as well as sterilize them for controlling their population," he said.

The administration's plan, though, hasn't found much favour with animal activists. "Painting dogs is not a solution to this serious menace," said Dheeraj Pathak of the NGO, People for Animals. "There is a possibility that villagers may end up painting the wrong set of dogs. Also, if buckets full of colour are poured on dogs, there is a high possibility that the colour would enter their eyes and affect their eyesight."

Even villagers were not much convinced about the painting project. Bhupinder Singh, headman of Tanda Meernagar village, said that the problem cannot be solved like this. "The district authorities need to catch or kill the ferocious dogs. If there is further delay, more lives can be lost."
Seriously, whats wrong with these people? :banghead:

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 87041.cms?
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

For Advertising mail webmaster
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Blue dogs

Post by kshitij » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:16 am

This cant be serious!!
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Brilliant Idea, next time you see a blue dog you know you are safe :lol: It makes me wonder what sort of premier education/training these SDMs and DMs undergo to come up with such gems. The best was that there were scientists also in attendance who agreed to this idea. Very soon you will find SDMs/Village Heads/ Tehsildars running behind dogs with markers. The press is gonna have a field day.

Regards,

Pranjal

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:31 pm

This is downright hilarious to say the least :lol:
It reminded of the story of the "Blue Jackal" that I read during my school days ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:31 pm

:shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: ROTFL
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:33 pm

What a novel solution :roll: :roll: I wonder how these guys come up with such "brilliant" ideas ROTFL ROTFL

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Perhaps they could paint idiotic politicians instead.

We could all carry a bucket of blue paint and . . .
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:33 pm

While they segregate the "good" and "bad" dogs, why not get rid of the bad ones? Putting one bad dog in the office / home of every DM/SDM/politician would solve the problem!

And while they are painting the good dogs, they might consider that the paint in many cases is highly toxic and can cause major skin irritation, in some cases even to flaying or death. So the poor "good dogs" get punished for the sins of their "bad cousins"!! It seems the powers-that-be are themselves scared of the "bad dogs" and want to play safe by painting the good ones!

Now look, I am a guy with a huge soft corner for stray dogs and other animals, but in this case, a bullet in the brain (or a dose of cyanide) seems the gentlest solution. 5 kids eaten in 40 days!!!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:48 pm

The plan has been put on hold after it was roundly criticized. The administration has asked the villagers to tie a cloth round the necks of good dogs. Still it eludes me, how will it solve the problem?

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:44 pm

pran80 wrote:The plan has been put on hold after it was roundly criticized. The administration has asked the villagers to tie a cloth round the necks of good dogs. Still it eludes me, how will it solve the problem?
At last some sense has prevailed upon the admin guys :lol:
Briha

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:14 pm

spin_drift wrote:
Seriously, whats wrong with these people? :banghead:

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 87041.cms?
Actually it would make more sense to paint people in different colours. People who are unsafe to eat should be painted red and people whom the dogs are allowed to eat should be painted green. Those who are getting ready to be eaten by dogs should be painted yellow/amber.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:51 am

The administration has asked the villagers to tie a cloth round the necks of good dogs.
I thought and I thought, but I couldn't find a better way to turn a good dog into a bad one than this!! Does someone really think a dog is gonna let a total stranger tie a cloth around his neck without protesting with his teeth? ROTFL
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:22 am

essdee1972 wrote:
The administration has asked the villagers to tie a cloth round the necks of good dogs.
I thought and I thought, but I couldn't find a better way to turn a good dog into a bad one than this!!
Does someone really think a dog is gonna let a total stranger tie a cloth around his neck without protesting with his teeth? ROTFL
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Briha

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:41 am

What a brilliant idea; out of the blue?!! :shock:

ROTFL ROTFL
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!