Gift of Appreciation suggestions needed

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Gift of Appreciation suggestions needed

Post by Mark » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:27 am

Hi all,

This was posted on AR, I think it is a good and thoughtful question and was wondering if anyone here has any appropriate suggestions?

Yeah, I know it's for "that other guy"- we still have our "North vs South" bitching going on here too that's about 100 years older than yours, but when it comes to thanking someone personally for some care and help all politics fall by the wayside.

Anyway, here's the situation:

Have no clue where to put this...but I was faced with a situation where I could not urinate. A doctor from Pakistan performed surgery to clear out all the blood clots and remove a small tumor causing the bleeding.
I am very grateful and would like to give him something above the payment he received for the treatment.

As I'm sure most everyone knows, cultural awareness is not an American strong point so any considerate suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Here's the original post:
http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve ... 4251043802
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

For Advertising mail webmaster
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Re: Gift of Appreciation suggestions needed

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Mark, I'm guessing this is a Pakistani doctor in US?

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:19 am

LOL Mark!
I'm sorry but all I got from your link was this:

Assuming the procedure went well, I'm sure that this is not what you wanted to give him.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:45 am

Hi Mark ,

I think it's not the gift that matters, but the intention and the heart one gives it . So a box of chocolates and a sincere heartfelt thankyou would be enough.
I wonder if Americans are emotional in general, but it is the most genuine feeling/emotion one can have.

All the best,
Chicky

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi Mark, I will ask my friends from Pakistan and see what they suggest. Very nice of the gent to do this.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."