Not good news...

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Not good news...

Post by kshitij » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:40 am

Woke up to some not so good news for our community... What is worse than the incident is how the media portrays it, "pellet meant to kill animals can kill humans also" :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

For Advertising mail webmaster
bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Not good news...

Post by bennedose » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:04 pm

http://indiansforguns.com/download/file.php?id=11604

With this report it should be easy to locate the source and catch the culrpit. He will be situated within 150-200 meters of the place the pellets were found -. It should be easy to say which direction the pellets that entered the tree came from. It won't be long before someone is arrested.

And if they are 0.22 pellets, I invite the police to use my online database of 0.22 pellets to see which one it could be

We are not all criminals and crimes can be committed even with kitchen knives.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:48 pm

The pellets appear to be bigger than .22, to me they look like .25 ones.
My wild guess is RWS super dome in .25 (other than the one flat head to the left)
I could be wrong....

You are spot on about the traceability from the range and direction.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Here are links to the articles:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 102809.cms
Stray airgun pellet injures 11-yr-old girl
V Narayan,TNN | Feb 3, 2015, 04.10 AM IST

MUMBAI: An 11-year-old girl, Ashwini Pawar (11), suffered injury to her left forearm after an airgun pellet hit her on Sunday morning in Worli.

The incident occurred when the Class III student was sitting outside her hutment near a stove with her mother in Prem Nagar. Pawar suddenly felt pain in her forearm and noticed blood on the hand, said the Worli police.

"On seeing the child cry and spotting blood on her hand, the parents immediately rushed her to a civic-run hospital where doctors found a pellet pierced deep in her forearm. She is safe and the pellet did not cause any damage. She was discharged after the pellet was removed," said senior inspector Vinay Kulkarni.

The victim's parents approached the police later in the afternoon to lodge an FIR . The father, Tukaram, said, "My daughter was seated next to her mother and suddenly started crying out loud . We did not know the reason for the injury."

A Worli police team combed Prem Nagar but could not find anyone who owns an airgun in the locality. "The pellet found in the victim's hand is used to shoot at birds," said Kulkarni.
http://www.mid-day.com/articles/mumbai- ... i/15960152

Mumbai: 11-yr-old gets shot with air gun pellet in Worli
By Sagar Rajput |Posted 03-Feb-2015

A young girl was injured after she got shot with an air gun pellet while playing outside her house in Worli on Sunday. While the girl was taken to a hospital and treated, the Worli police have registered a case against an unknown accused.....
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:44 am

Poor little thing! She's a cutie, and thank goodness it hit her where it did and she wasn't maimed.

Someone needs to be "educated," I think.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:52 am

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02 ... 7560d8.jpg

It should not be difficult to find the source from that tree. Most of the pellets have retained their shape - so they are hitting the tree at fairly low velocity - but since they are "grouping" near the tree they have probably been aimed at the same spot. There are rifling marks on the skirts. The owner of the weapon will be caught provided there is no corruption/bribery/political pressure

Also - as you say - it looks like different varieties of imported pellets - so the guy is well heeled - buys only "imported maal".

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:00 am

Since the pellet chapati is missing so it can be presumed that shots are taken from somewhat long distance.I guess it is to be between 40-50 yds.for a .22 springer.
These are the culprits who make our sport difficult.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............