Best kennel for pure breed pups

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Best kennel for pure breed pups

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:10 pm

Hello everyone
I want to know about best kennels to get best quality pups. Please suggest some with which you have dealt and share your experiences. Also provide websites if any.
....brave by heart, honest by nature and wicked by brain.....

For Advertising mail webmaster
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Re: Best kennel for pure breed pups

Post by Moin. » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:38 am

Which breed are you specifically looking at Raghvendra. Check out dogsindia.com

They have breeder listing for the most popular breeds and a very active pups for sale section.

The best german shepherd breeders/kennels are down south in ooty and the best rottweiler breeders are in punjab.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:53 am

Raghvendrasingh,

Adding to what Moin has asked...........which breed are you looking for? I was into showing dogs a few years back but never into breeding. The passion I had towards showing died due to all the dirty politics in the dog game. I can point you towards the right breeders if you let me know about the breed. No offence Moin.......quite a few of the top breeders have not registered with dogsindia. You have the facts about GSDs and Rotts right :)

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Prabhath, my wife and I have been keen on getting a labrador for sometime. Who would be the right breeders to get in touch with? We don't want to get into showing but an ethical breeder will give us the assurance of getting a healthy pup. Also, what are the things one must look into before buying a pup? We do have experience of keeping pets but had almost always been gifted one by a random cousin or friend.

Apologies for hijacking Raghvendra's thread!

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Prabhath wrote:Raghvendrasingh,

Adding to what Moin has asked...........which breed are you looking for? I was into showing dogs a few years back but never into breeding. The passion I had towards showing died due to all the dirty politics in the dog game. I can point you towards the right breeders if you let me know about the breed. No offence Moin.......quite a few of the top breeders have not registered with dogsindia. You have the facts about GSDs and Rotts right :)
None taken Prabhat :D I'm neither affiliated to dogsindia nor with any breeder. Love Dogs specially rottweilers but now with a better half who's very very scared of anythings that goes bow wow :mrgreen: owning is out of question.

So many dog owneres in IFG we should have a dedicated section for dogs n pets. :)

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:41 pm

For rottweilers check out these two, expect to shell out about lots of money for a top show class from champion dam and sire.!!!

http://vomcarnivous.com

http://www.grewalkennels.com

For GSD's kingsland and Urasland are one of the most renowned ones though there may be more.

http://www.germanshepherd.co.in/german- ... n-ooty.htm

http://dogsindia.com/german_shepherd_dog.htm

Regards
Moin.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Moin. wrote: None taken Prabhat :D I'm neither affiliated to dogsindia nor with any breeder. Love Dogs specially rottweilers but now with a better half who's very very scared of anythings that goes bow wow :mrgreen: owning is out of question.
LOL Moin Love Dogs Vs. scared of anything that goes Bow Wow - that is a sad situation!
Moin. wrote:So many dog owneres in IFG we should have a dedicated section for dogs n pets. :) Regards Moin.
More like we should have a section dedicated to - GUN Dogs - right? :lol:

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Thanks moin sir and prabhath sir
i wanna buy bullmastiff

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:28 am

Moin,

Your choice on the Rott breeders is bang on target. I would go with Grewal Kennels as my first choice since his home bred pups have turned out superb and have done some major winning ( Have a look at Grewal's Security and Grewal's Turbo ). Gsds....tough to take a call. That is one breed where dogs and bitches are imported on a very regular basis. Tough to keep track with the stocks of any particular kennel.

Raghvendrasingh,

Bullmastiffs are a good breed. Just make sure that you know what you are getting into. Not among the easiest of breeds to raise and own. Would suggest that you wait a bit because the current stocks in India are not that great.

SS,

Labradors are excellent dogs to own. You should ideally be looking to spend a maximum of Rs 10000/ for a good quality pup. Make sure that the parents and pups are registered with KCI. The best time to pick up a pup would be when it is around 6 weeks old. Check the deworming status of the pups. They should ideally have been dewormed at least twice. They should have had their primary vaccines. Go to someone who has both the parents in house or someone who can show you the sire in case the breeder has used a stud from outside. Check the bite of the pup and the testicles incase you are opting for a male pup. Choose a pup with a sound temperament. Don't opt for a pup that is shy and backs away from human contact. Pm me if have any further clarifications.

Raghvendrasingh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raghvendrasingh » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks moin sir
As i am not going to get a good quality bullmastiff pup in india. Then i will go with rott and will get in touch of grewal kennels.