The Guy who killed Bin Laden

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

The Guy who killed Bin Laden

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Details out on the man that sent Laden to meet the maker. US Navy SEAL Robert O'Neill with 16 years of Service with the US Navy Seals, Team Leader Seal Team 6, 400 Combat Missions, 3 missions made into Hollywood Movies, No Easy Day, Captain Philips & Lone Survivor,decorated 52 times now a motivational speaker.

His Bio here.

http://www.leadingauthorities.com/speak ... ontent=bio

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/06/polit ... index.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -head.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat ... story.html
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: The Guy who killed Bin Laden

Post by brihacharan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Unread postby Moin. » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:53 pm
Details out on the man that sent Laden to meet the maker. US Navy SEAL Robert O'Neill with 16 years of Service with the US Navy Seals, Team Leader Seal Team 6, 400 Combat Missions, 3 missions made into Hollywood Movies, No Easy Day, Captain Philips & Lone Survivor,decorated 52 times now a motivational speaker.

> I fail to understand as to why US Navy SEAL Robert O'Neill is being exposed for what he did as per orders by the Powers that be?
> If it was a secret mission....so be it..."Secret"....
> This exposition puts him at a grave danger to his life & that of his family.....
> Is this the price one pays for serving one's country???
> To top this the article in the media says that after his discharge, he couldn't a suitable job, all the govt. could give him was a 'deliveryman's job'!!!
Briha

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Brihaji, the man is from Britain and it was his father who called up the press and gave the details on his son when the latter decided to retire.

TC

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Brihasir. He came out in the open actually because he was denied Medical Benefits that he would get if he had served in the Navy for 20 years. He had retired after 16. How sad, bureaucracy every where all the same. As far as coming out in the open is concerned, a lot of details were already leaked out in No Easy Day by Matt Bassionet who was one of the Operators in the raid.

Andy McNab had to face similar flak for his non fiction writings on the British SAS starting with the failed mission Bravo Two Zero and subsequent books on SAS secretive Ops against the IRA and even against the drug cartels in the jungles of south america.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:09 pm

TC wrote:Brihaji, the man is from Britain and it was his father who called up the press and gave the details on his son when the latter decided to retire.

TC
TcDa the chaps very much an american, from montana.

Regards
Moin.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:38 pm

TC wrote:Brihaji, the man is from Britain and it was his father who called up the press and gave the details on his son when the latter decided to retire.

TC
I agree with Brihaji,on no circumstance should he be exposed.
since he is a trained navy seal,he must be able to protect himself.
regards
dr.jk

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Moin. wrote:

TC
TcDa the chaps very much an american, from montana.

Regards
Moin.
My mistake Moin. I heard someone saying he was born in UK. Montana is correct. He went to Butte High School

TC

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:40 pm

The US Armed Forces have a long standing rule that it takes 20 years to get full medical and pension benefits.
Most armies have some kind of rule similar to that.

There is no doubt that the US Navy Seals are fearsome warriors and have pulled off some incredible missions.
There is no doubt that they are exceedingly courageous, resourceful and dedicated.
There is no doubt that this sailor is all of the above. No one doubts his courage and ability.

They are all volunteers, however, and can quit (transfer out, rotate out, whatever) the SEAL teams when they feel like it. No one forces them to be a SEAL.
There are legions of young men lined up behind them willing to fill their shoes. Not many can but they are there.
When it comes down to it, they are still US Navy sailors and they are really treated no different than any other sailor in the Navy.

This sailor left voluntarily after 16 years. He knew the consequences.
Why should he be treated any different than any other sailor who served?
He will still get medical benefits that all US Veterans are entitled to. The 20 year pension; not so much.

As far as being exposed. He revealed his own identity, no one else did.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:28 pm

xl_target wrote:The US Armed Forces have a long standing rule that it takes 20 years to get full medical and pension benefits.
Most armies have some kind of rule similar to that.

There is no doubt that the US Navy Seals are fearsome warriors and have pulled off some incredible missions.
There is no doubt that they are exceedingly courageous, resourceful and dedicated.
There is no doubt that this sailor is all of the above. No one doubts his courage and ability.

They are all volunteers, however, and can quit (transfer out, rotate out, whatever) the SEAL teams when they feel like it. No one forces them to be a SEAL.
There are legions of young men lined up behind them willing to fill their shoes. Not many can but they are there.
When it comes down to it, they are still US Navy sailors and they are really treated no different than any other sailor in the Navy.

This sailor left voluntarily after 16 years. He knew the consequences.
Why should he be treated any different than any other sailor who served?
He will still get medical benefits that all US Veterans are entitled to. The 20 year pension; not so much.

As far as being exposed. He revealed his own identity, no one else did.
Absollutely Dada. The guy killed the most wanted man on the planet with 16 years of distinguished service should'nt be worried about things like pension or medical benefits. In fact none of the people who serve their country anywhere should have to and the govt. should ensure that.

Situation is probably worse in India than the US.

Regards
Moin

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:50 am

I heard someone saying he was born in UK. Montana is correct. He went to Butte High School.
Actually, he went to Butte Central High School. Butte High School is the public school. Butte Central is the private high school run by the Roman Catholic Church. There are a lot of politics involved in this distinction. Our kids went to the Catholic school in Butte, but I will leave it at that.

Regarding XL's comments, I think he is right. The deal is, 20 years for a pension, and if he didn't want to serve more than 16 years, then there's no pension.

I doubt that he needs to worry about benefits. Apparently, he was going to reveal himself in a Fox News interview and his name was leaked to scoop Fox. However, as I understand it, there was not much of a leak -- many people knew who he was. Who knows how this whole thing will play out? The SEAL who wrote the book may face charges. People involved in this sort of work often sign a lot of things commiting them to withhold certain information, and these commitments last for life. If the book author violated these commitments, he may be in trouble.

The shooter here is in another situation. Even if he has revealed things, it is highly unlikely that he would be charged. You note his appearance with politicians, donating his uniform at the 9/11 memorial. If this man was charged, the public's fury at the charges would know no bounds.

Politicians have and will want to hobnob with him. He's already a motivational speaker and will be able to command much more money at this than he has up to this point, so his need or desire for medical benefits is pretty much a non-starter: he should make plenty of money for many years.

At this point, I would like to say how disappointing I find this whole business. Our society is so keen to find "heroes," and the news media is always trying to hawk the latest hero, that it is a national obsession here. Everyone is in on some sort of money-grabbing scheme when it comes to this "hero" business. The news media will go to tremendous lengths to find someone to hawk, but they aren't the only ones to blame: people suck this sort of stuff up like crazy.

As for me, I will not buy or read the book that the one SEAL wrote or have anything to do with any of this sensationalism. There is no doubt, as XL says, that these men are brave, resourceful, and amazing in many ways. But they chose a job that is "dark" -- none of this is supposed to go public and there are many men who gave their lives, became disabled, and probably more than a few who are homeless and on the streets who kept their silence and were not rewarded with fame, notoriety, and money.

Also, while I in no way feel that anything wrong was done in hunting "that person" who plotted 9/11 down and punching his ticket to eternity, there is an unseemly aspect to capitalizing on killing a person. Did "that person" deserve to be shot? Undoubtedly, in my mind. But I think that taking a life is a sobering thing, and while the man who did the deed deserves respect for the duty he performed, it isn't something that should be cheered in a stadium at halftime, in my opinion. I'd like to be spared of flag-waving and macho statements, too. Close the chapter on the end of a manifestation of evil and remember the victims. Shun the money-makers, promoters, and publicity seekers.

But everyone wants to snuggle up to "heroes" and Butte has had experience at this. The airport in Butte is named Bert Mooney, for the man who built the Mooney civil aircraft of note years back. Out front on three concrete plinths is an F86D Saber fighter. One year, some character drove into Butte and claimed he flew the jet in combat while in Korea. The business people found this out and he was hailed as a hero, wined and dined at Lydia's (a famous and expensive restaurant) and loaded with merchandise. For his part, the character claimed he was going to find a new cockpit canopy to replace the one on the F86, which was cracked. Supposedly, he was headed to an Air Force base and promised to contact old cronies or something and find a good canopy.

Some time later, someone checked the serial number of the F86 with the Air Force and found out that it had never left the USA.

I tell the story, not to comment on the guy who made the claim, but on the people who are so eager to jump on the bandwagon of these sorts of things when there is a dollar to be made.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:19 pm

point, I would like to say how disappointing I find this whole business. Our society is so keen to find "heroes," and the news media is always trying to hawk the latest hero, that it is a national obsession here. Everyone is in on some sort of money-grabbing scheme when it comes to this "hero" business. The news media will go to tremendous lengths to find someone to hawk, but they aren't the only ones to blame: people suck this sort of stuff up like crazy.

How true Timmy, how very true.

Regards
Moin.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Certainly this entire business of creating heroes out of nothing is disappointing. This social disease is also prevalent in India. Neither Osama was any hero nor his killers.

Osama was unarmed when he was shot dead. Killing an unarmed person is no act of bravery by any standards. The only civilized way of dealing with him was to arrest him and put him on a free and fair trial. It was very much possible to arrest him at that moment. But for some unknown reasons it was decided to commit an extra judicial murder.

It is well known that Osama was a creation of some three letter agencies and media backed by them. Probably once his utility was over he was bumped off. Also note the timing of his death. In order to get maximum mileage for votes, it was done few months before the US Presidential elections.

People need to understand regardless of country, the usual modus operandi of three letter agencies. Their favorites are deception, false flag operations, planting agent provocateurs and finishing their own agent if they think he might open his mouth.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:14 am

Goodboy, I would have to disagree with you about this: "The only civilized way of dealing with him was to arrest him and put him on a free and fair trial."

I can't imagine having ordered our troops in WW2 to arrest every German and Japanese enemy to be held for trial. Perhaps the P38 Lightnings that intercepted Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, the planner of the attack on Pearl Harbor, could have wiggled their wings and signaled Yamamoto's plane to land and surrender to arrest.

After all, it was Osama himself who declared war, and he made a pretty convincing stab at running one until he died. Few here took his declaration seriously until he leveled lower Manhattan.

As far as the men who took him out, I'm sure they would have been welcomed by the same three letter agencies you mention and set up in some very palatial accommodations, had something gone wrong. But still, I don't think that they could afford to take too many chances as to what was going on in that compound.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:28 am

The only reason as per my logic for not arresting him or not showing his dead body to the media was that it would only fuel the organisation into a Revenge. As goodboy said this had to happen just before the elections and for the obvious reason, its certainly not a matter of coincidence. Like his predecessor he tried every trick in the book to come back to power.

I really don't want to go into politics here but we are all aware the outcome of convicting the Iraqi dictator. There was a outrage in my city after he was convicted. Police had a rough time getting the situation under control.

Don't understand after all these years what is the motive of this navvy seal officer to come into the limelight. Is he trying to be a hero or just suicidal..
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:22 pm

Goodboy, I would have to disagree with you about this: "The only civilized way of dealing with him was to arrest him and put him on a free and fair trial."

I can't imagine having ordered our troops in WW2 to arrest every German and Japanese enemy to be held for trial.
Timmy, are you saying it was alright to shoot unarmed German and Japanese soldiers?
Perhaps the P38 Lightnings that intercepted Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, the planner of the attack on Pearl Harbor, could have wiggled their wings and signaled Yamamoto's plane to land and surrender to arrest.
The admiral was not unarmed in any sense. He died after a dog fight.
After all, it was Osama himself who declared war, and he made a pretty convincing stab at running one until he died. Few here took his declaration seriously until he leveled lower Manhattan.
Yes this is also the assertion of American government. What about other views?
OSAMA BIN LADEN - A CIA CREATION AND ITS "BLOWBACK"

"TERRORIST" IS CONNECTED TO CIA, DRUGS AND WE MAY HAVE DELIBERATELY PROVOKED HIM TO ATTACK

WE MAY NOT WANT TO CATCH HIM EITHER
Source and more details at http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/w ... laden.html
March 2001 – After attending an economic conference in Moscow, Mike Ruppert reports in detail on the Taliban's recent destruction of Afghanistan 's opium crop. Calling the move economic warfare against the US, Ruppert predicts that the move by the Taliban – which took an estimated $200 billion out of the world's banks and markets – would result in conflict between the US and Afghanistan. Since the US occupation of Afghanistan in November 2001, Afghanistan has again become the world's largest opium producer with crop yields 18 times larger than on 9/11.
Source http://www.fromthewilderness.com/achievements.html
Ex-CIA Pilot Gives Sworn Testimony That No Planes Hit The Twin Towers
Source and more details at http://worldobserveronline.com/2014/03/ ... in-towers/

These kind of false flag operations are more common than thought. A book named Soft Target by Zuhair Kashmeri and Brian McAndrew discusses another similar operation involving Air India bombing in 1985 that killed 329 people.
According to Soft Target, the Candian State Investigative Service (CSIS) was so convinced of the Indian government's involvement that at a meeting of the task force on the Air India bombing, one CSIS agent said, ``If you really want to clear the incident quickly, take vans down to the Indian High Commission and the consulates in Toronto and Vancouver, load up everybody and take them down for questioning. We know it and they know it that they are involved.''

According to Soft Target, Surinder Malik, the Indian Consul General in Toronto, pulled his wife and daughter off the flight suddenly, claiming that his daughter had to do some examinations for school. A Toronto car dealer who was a friend of the Consul General also canceled his reservation on Flight 182. Siddhartha Singh, head of North American affairs for external relations in New Delhi, who was visiting Indian officials in Canada, also suddenly cancelled his reservation. The book reports that Consul General Malik called the police about the bombing to alert them to an ``L. Singh'' who was allegedly on the passenger manifest even before the incident became public knowledge. Malik was one of several Indian diplomats Canada later asked to have removed from the country after CSIS unearthed evidence of an Indian spy network. CSIS agents believe that Vice Consul Davinder Singh Ahluwalia laid the groundwork for the bombing. He was transferred in 1985.
Source http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?r106:E31OC0-0032:
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992