Which Weapon will you Import

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Which Weapon will you Import

Post by farook » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:15 pm

This is the Talo Edition of the Walter ppks just before Walter marked the end of its alliance with Smith and Wesson. Talo does a lot of quality etching for many manufactures and in Limited Editions. http://www.taloinc.com/walther.htm

I have seen an ashani similarly etched by a well know gun smith in north India. Honestly its like taking a donkey and putting sun glasses and a bunny cap on it and calling it a horse. Walter is breed apart, an extension of the arm. Its weight is never felt as it balances very well.

The external of the Ashani as we all know is a copy of the FN. Here is one done by a master crafts man.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:56 am

Biren wrote:My wish list:)
It should be first & formost left-handed then in order of priority, bol-action, matte blue barrel and action, short throw bolt, adjustable trigger,walnut checkered grip heavy stock, flush magazine, rifle in 30.06 caliber.

Just the thought makes the adraneline flow..

Cheers
Biren
You must mean "short lift bolt". A short throw bolt is unlikely to work with a cartridge as long as the .30-06. Despite the misuse of the term by a lot of American writers, the "throw" of a mechanism is it longitudional motion. Bolt travel, bolt stroke, and bolt throw, describe the same motion. Bolt "lift" describes its rotational motion. Apparently "Weapons Terminology 101" is not a course offered in journalism or English curricula. Cheers.

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:08 am

farook wrote:This is the Talo Edition of the Walter ppks just before Walter marked the end of its alliance with Smith and Wesson. Talo does a lot of quality etching for many manufactures and in Limited Editions. http://www.taloinc.com/walther.htm

I have seen an ashani similarly etched by a well know gun smith in north India. Honestly its like taking a donkey and putting sun glasses and a bunny cap on it and calling it a horse. Walter is breed apart, an extension of the arm. Its weight is never felt as it balances very well.

The external of the Ashani as we all know is a copy of the FN. Here is one done by a master crafts man.
I think its fancy.
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:22 pm

TwoRivers wrote:
Biren wrote:My wish list:)
It should be first & formost left-handed then in order of priority, bol-action, matte blue barrel and action, short throw bolt, adjustable trigger,walnut checkered grip heavy stock, flush magazine, rifle in 30.06 caliber.

Just the thought makes the adraneline flow..

Cheers
Biren
You must mean "short lift bolt". A short throw bolt is unlikely to work with a cartridge as long as the .30-06. Despite the misuse of the term by a lot of American writers, the "throw" of a mechanism is it longitudional motion. Bolt travel, bolt stroke, and bolt throw, describe the same motion. Bolt "lift" describes its rotational motion. Apparently "Weapons Terminology 101" is not a course offered in journalism or English curricula. Cheers.
Dear Sir,

I look for what i wrote.. The situation i have used the rifle as well i might use demand least movement. Let me try explaining. I am lefty and have a rifle where i have to move my hand over to other side with least body movement, now i need a bolt which requires minimum of back pull.. then equally small throw possible.. then again smallest angle to lock the bolt..(So locking bolt is "BOLT LIFT" & back pull & Throw is longitudional motion.. am i right?)" Do they make such (long ammo like 30.06) rifle there is USA? If yes then I dream of one.. hope the GOV opens import policy.. Hail Nagari.

Cheers
Biren

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:10 am

Dear Sir,

I look for what i wrote.. The situation i have used the rifle as well i might use demand least movement. Let me try explaining. I am lefty and have a rifle where i have to move my hand over to other side with least body movement, now i need a bolt which requires minimum of back pull.. then equally small throw possible.. then again smallest angle to lock the bolt..(So locking bolt is "BOLT LIFT" & back pull & Throw is longitudional motion.. am i right?)" Do they make such (long ammo like 30.06) rifle there is USA? If yes then I dream of one.. hope the GOV opens import policy.. Hail Nagari.

Cheers
Biren[/quote]

Yes, most American rifle manufacturers, but not all, produce left-handed bolt rifles. In "regular" length (.30-06), as well as in medium length (.308 Winchester family of cartridges). So you will be able to obtain the rifle you desire. Let's hope the change in the law becomes a reality. Cheers.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 pm

IF restrictions are to be withdrawn,first i'll export all iof pistols to unknown destination and then think about importing.
regards
dr.jk

indiaone
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by indiaone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:07 pm

It is rather premature to discuss which brand of weapon to be imported. The liberalisation of the licensing policy itself will indeed be a giant step forward.Allowing import is a rather minor affair in todays world.Till the elections are over and the new Government is formed the whole issue will remain in the back burner.

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:46 pm

IOF 0.22 revolver 8 shot with aluminium body. Hahahahaha
klick klack..... diskaon

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:44 pm

I just love the 0.380 Colt 1991 (updated version of the 1911 I believe). Willing to wait for years till the government approves the proposal.

Regards

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:19 pm

The big Indian dream. If at all this import amendment is made then I would love to buy a Korth revolver in .357 with interchangeable barrel and somewhat like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 shot 1 kill!

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:52 pm

If only wishes were horses, but here goes...

Since one import per individual is allowed, here is what I'd do,

I would get myself a glock 21 cause i love glocks and having one in .45 cal would be a dream come true!

Would then get a Medusa M-47 revolver for the wife. Like this gun because it can shoot multiple calibre rounds (about 25 i guess) without any modifications.
Here is a video,
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UaNoDR1MMCQ

Would then get a glock 20 in 10mm and a Desert eagle in .50 cal for my two brothers.

Would then get custom hand made 1911 in .45 cal and a custom S&W in .357 magnum for the parents.

Since no one else in the family is a gun nut, it goes without saying that I will be safe keeping and regularly shooting/maintaining these guns on behalf of the family :D

*post edited
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 pm

TC wrote: boots tailor made by some shop at Austin, a grey duster and a matching stetson with snakeskin band (make that sidewinder skin please)....

TC ji double that for the boots and Stetson 8)
1 shot 1 kill!

Kamleshwar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kamleshwar » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:27 pm

I would like to buy Holland and Holland sxs 30" with
engraving and checkerings.
Kamleshwar Raturi

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:29 am

Maybe the import will also work with export and I can get a Webley Fosbery target model in .38 ACP with the 7.5" barrel. I also would like an RFI 410 musket and some more 2As would also be fun.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:59 am

Aahh! Utopia ariseth!

In rifles, SMLE, Mosin Nagant. Garand M1. Tower musket. Baker Rifle. Springfield 30-06, Galil, SVD Dragunov (with scopes, NVDs, etc.)...........

On full auto (Utopia, remember?), Sten Mk IV, Bren, BMGs / BARs (whatever models are available), MP38, Thompson M1 (the Army model, not the Al Capone one), M16A1 (the real one, not civilian AR15s), AKs, Uzis (all models).........

Handguns, TCda's list, in full. Plus the horse! If you have watched the movie, A Fistful of Dollars, and remember Lee Van Cleef unrolling his saddle bags with loads of guns, I want 'em all! Plus the 1911, broomhandle Mauser WW1 model, Luger, S&W 0.38, Glocks (many models).........

Ok, this is OT, but every premium stuff in the stock of knifecenter.com!

Can we buy an Abrams tank???? Please please?? OK, a Humvee with all bells, whistles, and guns???

Can I shoot all these with my 5' 6" of solid fat? Heck, in the Utopia we are talking about, I look like a cross between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, with skills like Rajni saar! :twisted: :twisted: And of course, to fund all this, I personally own 80% shares of all the oil in the world........ ROTFL ROTFL (just don't go solar, guys!)
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley