Back with apologies

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
shahid

Back with apologies

Post by shahid » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:05 am

Ladies and gentlemen.

I am eternally grateful to IFG, it’s moderators, the forum in whole and Abhijeet personally for allowing me back on IFG.

My apologies to all to were disturbed by my previous mistake, but believe me it was not intentional.

My apologies to those too with whom matters had gone to a personal level. I accept my mistake and I am extremely sorry.

How can I stay away from IFG ? I can’t. Regardless of wherever I stay I am proud to be and Indian and I love my country. I also love shooting sports and I will do everything for its promotion and excellence. Being away from IFG was a sad experience, I missed all those lovely people Asif, Abhijeet, Sanjay, Piyush and so many other IFG members who have become friends.

I must apologize to relative new comers to our shooting sports for they all had seeked information and guidance. Instead of my role as a mentor and advisor to the budding talent, I have spent four months away from them. But boys alls well now and I am here to help you and contribute positively to your new ventures drawing upon the over 30 years of experience with shooting sports and the great outdoors.

There is a greater cause ahead. We all strive towards getting our viewpoint heard and get implemented what is only fair. RKBA in full freedom and justice.

IFG may be assured that my contributions will always remain positive and I will steer away now from any brewing controversy.

Alls well that ends well. Lets all start our healthy discussions again and share our knowledge and experience.

For Advertising mail webmaster
to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Back with apologies

Post by to_saptarshi » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:19 am

Welcome Home Shahid :D
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:32 am

Welcome back,
Do post yr experience with Delhi Customs reg yr gun which they had kept...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:39 pm

Welcome back Shahid, it takes a big man to admit his mistakes and apologise... :) Look forward to seeing you post here more often.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:42 pm

Hi ,

Nice to cu back....

AC

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:43 pm

Hi Abhijeet,

Good to cu around on line at this time....

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:46 pm

art_collector";p="24410 wrote: Hi Abhijeet,

Good to cu around on line at this time....
Well... I was a good boy last night, so up early... ;) :lol:
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:36 pm

Outstanding Shahid. Welcome back, proof that you are a big hearted guy.

Now tell us what you've been up to in the meantime.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:35 pm

What have I been up to ?

Shooting a lot. Even in the 40 degrees heat, almost twice every week at the skeet range. Shooting sporting clays and the scores have been good. Not paying too much attention to trap shooting of late. And teaching a very beautiful apprentice from Ukraine on how to shoot, She's doing well with the training.

Also shooting with a CZ Cadet .22 LR Pistol at the Sharjah shooting club along with the Anshutz ( spelling ) auto . 22 LR and making rather good groups. SOmetimes when in the mood then 9 mm Luger and .357 Mag but the targets don't look pretty, these big handguns are difficult to control.

Then there's the HW 80 and my Diana Air Rifles that I am shooting fairly regularly.

Off roading has been ongoing in the desert every weekend, I have purpose built a new landcruiser Prado Short Wheel Base 2 door for this purpose, that took quite a bit of my time. In the process of opening two new Woodland stores in Dubai in September and The Great Escape Desert Adventure where we venture out with over 500 Jeeps in the desert is in November. Enough to keep me busy !

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:42 pm

Welcome back Shahid,

Hope to catch up with u the next time I am in Dubai....def after the hot season u described.

Very keen on trying out the .357/9mm u have described!

Take care and happy shooting

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:13 pm

Hi hunter, but the shooting club and the ranges are airconditioned, so rifle & pistol shooting no problem. It is for trap & skeet that you have to step out outdoors and bear the sweltering heat.

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:20 pm

Well I would have hoped that the indoor ranges were airconditioned,dont want to end up looking like a piece of tandoori !!!!!!! :lol:

Anyways take care and will keep u posted on when I plan to come there...

Dr Narendra Yadav
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Dr Narendra Yadav » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:54 pm

Welcome back Shahid bhai.

Regards

Dr Narendra
Regarding 250 Savage ammo

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:43 pm

Though I really don't trust you but still whatever it takes.. welcome back and hope you will be a good boy this time..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:48 am

kanwar76";p="24437 wrote:Though I really don't trust you but still whatever it takes.. welcome back and hope you will be a good boy this time..

-Inder
Rest assured, it will be.

Anupam - The Delhi customs issue I will post it in the Airguns section.