God's Accuracy – It’s immaculately perfect!

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:35 am

This should instill even greater faith in God and his creation.
When GOD solves our problems, we have faith in HIS abilities;
When GOD doesn't solve our problems HE has faith in our abilities.

God's accuracy may be observed in the hatching of eggs. . . . .
* Canary in 14 days;
* Barnyard hen in 21 days;
* Ducks and geese in 28 days;
* Mallard in 35 days;
* Parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days.
Notice, they are all divisible by seven, the number of days in a week!

1. God's wisdom is seen in the making of an elephant. The four legs of this great beast all bend forward in the same direction. No other quadruped is so made. God planned that this animal would have a huge body, too large to live on two legs. For this reason He gave it four fulcrums so that it can rise from the ground easily.

2. The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first.

3. A cow rises from the ground with its two hind legs first.
How wise the Lord is in all His works of creation!
* Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind.
* Each orange has an even number of segments.
* Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
* Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains.
* Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row an even number of bananas, and each row decreases by one, so that one row has an even number and the next row an odd number. Amazing!
* The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all kinds of weather.
* All grains are found in even numbers on the stalks.

God has caused the flowers to blossom at certain specified times during the day. Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, he could tell the time of day or night by the flowers that were open and those that were closed!
Life without God is like an un-sharpened pencil - It has no point!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Briha

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: God's Accuracy – It’s immaculately perfect!

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:29 am

OMG i never knew this.thanks ji
regards
dr.jk

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:02 am

when God made the animals HE made them fully grown able to reproduce.
so the question of which came first " chicken or the egg" does not arise.

Thanks B
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:28 am

brihacharan wrote:Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
Interestingly, "corn" (perhaps more properly called "maize") does not occur in nature and needs the intervention of humans to survive, as it was first developed by humans around 10,000 years ago.

The original plant from which those early Native Americans in the Balsas River Valley of Mexico developed maize is called Teosinte, and it does actually have an even number of seed rows: two, to be exact!

Maize looks nothing like teosinte, and just about every property of maize is completely different from teosinte. These differences are due to incredibly minute changes in the plant's DNA -- literally a few base pair differences.

The unique qualities of maize have made it a key research tool in the science of genetics and are testament to the power, intricacy, and beauty of the original genetic design. Far from minimizing Briha's initial point, I believe that it makes his point more emphatically.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

crosshair
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by crosshair » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:02 pm

Darwin, you are needed here!

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:53 pm

????

To quote the great David Attenborough

" often get letters, quite frequently, from people who say how they like the programmes a lot, but I never give credit to the almighty power that created nature. To which I reply and say, "Well, it's funny that the people, when they say that this is evidence of the Almighty, always quote beautiful things. They always quote orchids and hummingbirds and butterflies and roses." But I always have to think too of a little boy sitting on the banks of a river in west Africa who has a worm boring through his eyeball, turning him blind before he's five years old. And I reply and say, "Well, presumably the God you speak about created the worm as well," and now, I find that baffling to credit a merciful God with that action. And therefore it seems to me safer to show things that I know to be truth, truthful and factual, and allow people to make up their own minds about the moralities of this thing, or indeed the theology of this thing.

Can we please leave RELIGION out of this forum!!!!
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:15 pm

brihacharan wrote:God's Accuracy – It’s immaculately perfect!

This should instill even greater faith in God and his creation.
When GOD solves our problems, we have faith in HIS abilities;
When GOD doesn't solve our problems HE has faith in our abilities.

God's accuracy may be observed in the hatching of eggs. . . . .
* Canary in 14 days;
* Barnyard hen in 21 days;
* Ducks and geese in 28 days;
* Mallard in 35 days;
* Parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days.
Notice, they are all divisible by seven, the number of days in a week!

1. God's wisdom is seen in the making of an elephant. The four legs of this great beast all bend forward in the same direction. No other quadruped is so made. God planned that this animal would have a huge body, too large to live on two legs. For this reason He gave it four fulcrums so that it can rise from the ground easily.

2. The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first.

3. A cow rises from the ground with its two hind legs first.
How wise the Lord is in all His works of creation!
* Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind.
* Each orange has an even number of segments.
* Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
* Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains.
* Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row an even number of bananas, and each row decreases by one, so that one row has an even number and the next row an odd number. Amazing!
* The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all kinds of weather.
* All grains are found in even numbers on the stalks.

God has caused the flowers to blossom at certain specified times during the day. Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, he could tell the time of day or night by the flowers that were open and those that were closed!
Life without God is like an un-sharpened pencil - It has no point!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Briha
Methinks it was Alexander Pope who said something akin to this -

Nature and Nature's Laws lay hidden in the Night,
God said "Let IFG Be" and Brihji was Light !

Quite a bit of info there Brihji. Keep them coming. :-)

regs
A.

crosshair
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by crosshair » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Evolution, Evolution by natural selection. The simplest and most elegant explanation.
Amen to hamiclar01's prayer.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:29 am

Neither the chicken nor the egg. Because the process of getting egg-laying animals from unicellular organisms took millions of years, it just didn't "happen" like a single event. From tiny organisms which could barely be called "alive", to the complex things which can theorise on theology and build spacecraft, evolution has come a long way!

And somehow, it has followed some mathematical laws. Like the even numbers. Like the Vitruvian man. Why? It may be God's design, but I would personally say it is due to something which we have not yet found out, but someday, some chap in some lab will surely find it out. And when found out, it will have an elegant formula linked to it! (if someone has found out, and I am not aware, apologies!)

The other day I watched Aamir Khan's new movie PK. Sorry to be a spoiler, but there's a statement by a Godman (played awesomely by Saurabh Shukla) "if there was no God, who would a person without hope turn to? If there was not God, there would be no hope." Something like that, rather.

Brings us to another theological debate, did God create Man, or the other way around?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:43 pm

SD wrote: Did GOD create Man or is it the other way around?

> This is a subject that has been debated endlessly....Here's something I came across sometime ago - Very interesting & thought provoking!!!

There is a beautiful speech by the late Douglas Adams (Douglas Noel Adams (11 March 1952 – 11 May 2001) was an English writer, humorist, and dramatist)

God was imagined by man to fill in gaps in his understanding of the world. In one part of the speech, Adams suggests that early man, when he found that the world suited him so much, imagined that it must have been made for him, and that whoever made it must love him a lot therefore.

Let me start out by saying that I am not at all opposed to this idea. I have pondered this angle a lot and have even explored it in a post I wrote a few years ago. It is certainly possible that the idea of God came out of man’s mind and I would be lying if I said that this does not strike me as logical.

Having said let me also add that the idea does not negate anything in my belief system. I believe that God exists – either as an entity, or an idea, or a force, or a guy with a thousand arms and forty thousand heads – I don’t know. All I know is that he (or she or it) does exist. My personal definition of existence is very wide and allows for a whole lot of abstractions to share space with elements of the tangible universe. So when I say God exists, I may mean that he is in my head and that is quite enough for me.

But let us not make this about me. My interest in the question how God came to be is perhaps inferior to my interest in the question of why God came into being. The how / why divide may seem facile to some. So hear me out.

Regardless of whether God — a force superior to man — created him, or man imagined a superior force after he “just happened”, we are still faced with the inescapable presence of God in our lives, if not as a tangible reality, then at least as an idea.

My question is this (try and think it over with an open mind): Why did man create God? Why did he imagine Him? What was the need for it? Why did he feel compelled to find a meaning in the world around him that there was no physical need for?

Animals don’t do this. They get along just fine without bothering with the meaning of things. Why is it only man that has this need to imagine things, to tell stories, to wonder about things higher than himself? Why does man have these fancy philosophical questions? Why does man feel humbled? Why is he always looking up? Why do we personify nature? Why do we imagine the wind to be a god? Why do we imagine the sea to be the thousand-eyed VARUNA? Why do we consider the earth our mother?

Some will label it delusion of the mind. But I think that is simplifying it far too much. Imagining things is not an option that we exercise. It is a very deep-rooted human tendency. We indulge in little acts of imagination (acts of faith?) uncountable times every day mostly without even knowing it.

Many people cherish objects handed down to them by their parents. These can be a pen, or an item of clothing, or something like that. But to them, these are more than just simple objects. To them, these are something more. They imagine a higher meaning in them. Many people yell at their computer when it hangs. Many people find themselves considering certain places more significant than others – the house they grew up in, their first school, the bridge on which they kissed someone for the first time, etc.

These things, while they may not look related, demonstrate the same function of the human mind. Namely, the tendency to believe that the world is more than it appears to be. Belief in the existence of God is just a larger concept than imagining that the bridge on which you kissed your first girlfriend is somehow special and unique. It is all imagination.

My question (as if I have not asked it enough times already), is WHY. Why do we do all this? I have blogged before about our need for rituals and superstitions. Plus, there is scientific evidence of our brains being hard-wired to be superstitious. But that doe snot answer the question, it only adds to it. Why MAN is built this way?

For the purposes of this post, I will ignore the idea of God as creator, because we started off with Adams’ suggestion of God being an artificial construct. Thus, we end up with the theory that man naturally evolved from lower animals and got to be this way. But even so, the god-damned why remains unanswered.

If man evolved from lower animals and lower animals lack the sort of rich imaginative tendencies that man has, does it not naturally follow that what we have is something superior to what they have? Does it not say that the ability to believe and the ability to imagine meanings and the tendency to see things for more than what they seem to be, is something that we gained through the marvelously complex system of evolution by natural selection? May it not be that we evolved to believe in God? And if we did, the question that follows inevitably is – WHY. Why did we evolve to believe in forces higher than ourselves? Why can’t we just live our lives like animals without wondering about our place in the universe?

I don’t have an answer. But I will not pretend that the question does not exist. So in order to show respect to the question, I will proceed to make some logical deductions.

Let us consider the human body to be a computer. It is a fascinating machine, capable of amazing feats. It boggles our minds. We grow curious and start exploring it. As time passes, our understanding of the computer grows better and better. We get to its very basics. We discover that it is made of metal and plastic. We go even deeper, down to the circuits. We find what makes the software work. We then sit content in the knowledge that our understanding of the computer is complete.

But what we conveniently ignore is (brace for impact) the why. Why is the computer there in the first place? Why is such amazing software installed on it & for what purpose? Ignore the question about who made the computer if you want to. What we should at least wonder about is why it exists at all.

This is, in fact, the single greatest philosophical question that has obsessed man since the beginning of time. Why does anything exist at all? What is the point of it? The name religion gives that reason, is God - Plain and Simple.

And the question is not as hopelessly unanswerable as it may seem. We have the computer and we know what it can do. We know that there is an operating system (the soul?) and a web browser on it (imagination?). Does it not naturally follow that there may be a web out there, waiting to be browsed? I mean, why would we be given an Internet Explorer if there were no Internet to explore?

I think the problem here lies with our temporal way of seeing things. Humans have very definitive ways of defining concepts like “beginning”, “end”, “creation” etc. And as we have learnt more, these definitions have been challenged and, in many cases, demolished. For example, our ideas about “up” and “down” disappeared the moment we ventured into the weightlessness of outer space. Could it not be that the limitations of time (as we understand it) do not apply to the force that created us? Why does God have to be something that came “before” us? After all, there are objects in the known universe that mock “time” all the time (black holes for example).

The other idea is to look at the God concept as something resembling music. Music, as we know it today, did not exist till humans came around. But we definitely did not create music. It has always been around. What we really did was perceive it in a way that none had done before.

Why can’t this be the way man “created” God? The force that made all things may have always been around. All man did (when he got around to being able to do so) was perceive him with a faculty only he possessed — Imagination.

Briha

anonymusneo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anonymusneo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 pm

our human history is not as we know
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwCaZaSon9A

interesting video on natural geomatry
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSmdSw9eEIA

crosshair
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by crosshair » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:11 pm

God is not really an answer, only a non-answer. It is impossible to gain information from non-answer, so God as an answer is a dead end. When we have said that the reason for something is that 'god did it' there is no way to understand it any further.
To explain the unknown by god is only to explain how it happened, not why. In every aspect of our life, except religion, we do not shrug our shoulders and accept things as they are. We investigate, ponder, seek reason, the why(s) and what(s).
We continuously investigate the world to build our views of life; we do not assume a god.
( e.g. if you get a sharp piercing pain in your foot while walking you will immediately look for sharp object that may have penetrated the sole of your foot- you will never keep on walking believing that god did it!)
Because adding god as an explanation throws up many questions than it explains, so, god is removed with Occam's razor as we investigate the world.
Finally the Truth; Nobody really believes in god!

My hypothesis is that people who claim to believe in god do not really do so. They just wish to believe in god. They somehow feel that their lives are meaningless without god, so they choose to close their eyes to evidence/argument against the existence of god.
The doctrine I relate to: That it is harmful to believe a proposition when there is no evidence for supposing it to be true”
And/or
"Do not believe anything unless there is reasonable cause to believe that it is true"
Clincher is: Every intelligent person is an atheist or religion (to her/him) is not important enough to apply one’s mind to!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Here's an interesting story that has been circulating for a long time.....Apart from its veracity, its food for thought!!!

The professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".

The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as is evident by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "Belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.

Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, May I pose a question? "Of course" answered the professor.

The young student stood asked: "Professor does COLD exist?"

The professor answered, "What kind of question is that? ...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?"

The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot."

"And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness cannot. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light."

Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."

The student responded, "Sir, Evil does not exist. Just as in the previous cases, Evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man."

After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't say anything further.

The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN!
Briha

crosshair
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by crosshair » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Sir,
I think you are a victim of an urban legend...
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/religi ... od.htm[url][/url]
Analysis: This apocryphal tale of a college-age Albert Einstein proving the existence of God to his atheist professor first began circulating in 2004. One reason we know it isn't true is that a more elaborate version of the same story was already making the rounds five years before that with no mention of Einstein in it at all.

Another reason we know it isn't true is that Einstein was a self-described agnostic who didn't believe in what he called a "personal God." He wrote: "[T]he word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

And, finally, we know it isn't true because Einstein was a careful thinker who wouldn't have abided the specious logic attributed to him here. As written, the argument neither disproves the existence of evil nor proves the existence of God.

There's a theorem of rationality called Aumann's Agreement Theorem which shows that no two rationalists can agree to disagree. If two people disagree with each other, at least one of them must be doing something wrong."

And your Logical Fallacy in the Argument is:
The argument by anecdote:
Argument by anecdote is when you prove a point with a story.  It is a very compelling argument, because people like stories about other people more than they like cold, hard facts.   Too often, though, the argument by anecdote is used when the facts are stacked heavily against a position.  If you don’t have the facts, tell a story.  People will believe the anecdote because it demonstrates what they themselves believe to be true.  That’s why you’ll find more arguments by anecdotes proffered by those on the losing end of the “facts” battle.
Regards
Crosshair

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Oh here we go .... the lunatics are taking over the asylum ( - the monkeys are taking over the zoo ? )
It`s funny, but I thought this forum was named `Indians for Guns` NOT `Indians for Seeing religion in Everything`.
If you allow any religious discussion you have to allow the right of reply ..... There are an awful lot of religions and an awful lot of opinions. An awful lot of disagreement and an awful lot of bad feeling. Allow religious discussion and I guarantee this forum won`t exist in twelve months.
This is supposed to be a guns and shooting forum NOT a religious discussion forum.
This topic should have been pulled by the moderators immediately .... and I`m disgusted that it hasn`t been.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )