The safety of women in Delhi

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

The safety of women in Delhi

Post by tiwariarrun » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Just got the news that the bus rape victim has died. Wondering what's with Delhi!

Rape pe rape is the new tareekh pe tareekh. What kind of family back grounds do rapists come from? What kind of education have they had? What kind of Law allows them to get away?

I think it's high time when IFG should get active. There are a certain NGOs which conduct self defense workshops for women. And you have no idea how misguiding those workshops are. They are promoting pepper spray cans, stun guns taser guns. Man, how is that going to help.

Stun guns aren't made to be used for more than a few seconds. Operating a stun gun for more than a couple of seconds can FRY it. How is it a reliable thing?

You're surrounded by 3 boys, who intend to rape you, and you pullout a pepper spray can.. Is that a solution!

When you point something at your enemy, of which he's sure he's not going to die, you have lost the self defense battle already!

We need guns!

There are so many women in Delhi/Punjab who have been allotted gun licenses, where are they? We need them to support RKBA. We need them on IFG, and we want them joining NAGRI.

It's our responsibility to educate people out there- the solution is GUNS!

Anyone here who's would take an initiative to conduct a couple of self defense workshops, and guide people in the right direction. We are not going to achieve any goal if we don't show that we EXIST!

We need to show our physical presence out there.

Thanks,
AT

For Advertising mail webmaster
drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Delhi and it's rape scene

Post by drifter » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Dear Tiwariarun,

Behind the apartment where I live there are coconut tree plantations, a 12th standard girl from the slum nearby was raped by migrant workers a month ago. The girl was taking a walk with her boyfreind he was beaten and chased away, the girl and the family did not go to the cops because they felt it was too expensive and anyway the cops dont care much. In the south many such incidents go unreported.
What kind of family back grounds do rapists come from? What kind of education have they had? What kind of Law allows them to get away?
TO this statemen I think it is safe to say that Rapists come from any family background rich, poor, educated, illitrate etc. The problem is when there is lack of respect for a women then they will be looked at as objects and not humans. No law will allow a rapist to get away, it is the lack of quick implementation of the law & its consequenses that enables people to get away with such crimes.

I was following the hue and cry raised by the opposition against Fauzia Khan who hunted legally in Africa, our leaders are more interested in focusing on the most unimportant issues than the needs of the land. The debate hosted by Arun Goswami on recent shooting of a policeman trying to protect his daughter from eve teasing by a powerful politican clearly highlights political arrogance, Arun asked the party leader about the action taken to make things right and the response was that the Police station incharge was suspended from work. I have just put my thoughts in a nutshell. Any thoughts anyone?.

Regards,
drifter.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Dear Friends,

The news shocked me since morning.
God protect all, no one is safe with monsters freely moving around.
They know if they will be caught, still they will get out in 6 months.

The only remedy I see is capital punishment to proven guilty immediately and in public.

What a shame....police says why people need guns, they are in safe cities.

Politicians......shame shame

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Would her fate have been different if she had a handgun ready to use?
Questions that families need to ask themselves.
To Excellence through Diligence.

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Public execution of the rapists is the only solution.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Would her fate have been different if she had a handgun ready to use?
Questions that families need to ask themselves.
I have been in a daylong argument with some friends over at Facebook. All antis. All worked up about the Connecticut shooting. Their viewpoint was, "if the goons also had guns?" (I was into universal RKBA).

My answer? Fact: Criminals are out for easy targets. The girl or her friend being armed (or at least in a proper RKBA situation, "likely to be armed"), half of their "lust" would have gone off anyway. Even if the goons had had guns. Otherwise, there would have been a shootout. The girl, her friend, some of the monsters, probably would have died, more probably seriously injured.

It's upto the people. Do they prefer the girl (their daughter, sister, wife, mother, etc.) to be killed / injured (possibly handicapped for life), or raped? Personally, I would prefer that if I was, God forbid, in a situation like the poor guy with the poor girl, I would go down fighting. Anything is preferable to watching helplessly a girl (even if totally unrelated) being brutally raped for hours.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

hardeepsinghbedi
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hardeepsinghbedi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:50 pm

:agree:
With Regards,

Hardeep Singh Bedi

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:57 pm

I am neither married, nor have a sister.
I dont have a daughter either, thank god.
being a man, i am aghast at what the girl went through.
One can only try and imagine what the girl must have gone through.
What about her family?
What about your wives, daughters, sisters, mothers tomorrow?
Its high time!
An arms license being sold for 2.5 lakhs for the rich and nothing for those who need it!
A firearm is the highest form of self defence. Give us the choice to carry it.
We might want to carry a knife, or a rod, or a taser.... But give us a choice to carry a gun if we want to!
I am ashamed to call myself a resident of delhi.
Someone should beat these b******s up and then have a horse violate them!
Rant over

ruffian
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ruffian » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:23 pm

I firmly believe that if either of the boy or the girl had a weapon(fire arm) the outcome of the incient would have been different. They could have forced the goons to stop the bus and get out. Presuming if the rapists also were armed the situation still could have been different. One could have fought for themselves rather than being raped and hit by iron rods.
I also read the newspapers, It would have been better to get admitted in hospital with gunshot injuries rather than inhuman intestinal injuries and undergoing surgeries to get your intestines removed.
Police can only investigate... They will never learn from incidents(in India)... They will never conduct any research on the criminals who do such crimes... What was the background of criminals involved in such rapes(especially)... what kind of families they came from... what kind of schooling/education they got... And police will never be proactive... they have always been reactive... that anyone can be.... lik all of us...
Well we can atleast get our women armed... Atleast I have decided... My wife says that killing is not a solution... ok... protecting yourself is...

namcmd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by namcmd » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm

perfectionist1 wrote:Public execution of the rapists is the only solution.
:agree:
Nothing but Complicated!

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Public execution is no solution.
Sppedy justice with the appropriate quantum of punishment(death or chemical castration) is what is required.
Reducing us to the level of brutes only makes them succeed.

hardeepsinghbedi
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hardeepsinghbedi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:12 pm

The rapist should be kept in jail till they live with hard sentence. These people should be kept in Black room (Kal Kothri) with no light, less food. I think public execution or hanging them is no solution. If these guys are hanged how will they know they did something wrong. These guys should be punished every minute of their life so if somebody do this they know the consequences.
With Regards,

Hardeep Singh Bedi

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Regarding rapists, castration of an adult will not necessarily render them harmless or unable/unwilling to perform.

My own personal belief is that nobody can say, one way or another, whether having a gun would have made a difference in a situation.

However, the possibility that a woman might have a gun may well discourage an attack.

As for rapists, I favor the swiftest and cheapest method of removing them from the gene pool permanently. I doubt that a public execution would be a big deterrent, as criminals of this sort will always think they can get away and their motivations are often spur of the moment -- they may not regard the possible consequences.

I simply do not think they should be allowed to live with the rest of us, nor are they worth paying for their upkeep. Furthermore, the victim should never have to live with the fear of ever seeing the attacker again. society at least owes her that much for not having protected her.

I will add, AB, that having a daughter and/or a sister is a very great blessing , indeed. I would never want to go through life, not having had them!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 pm

tiwariarrun wrote:Just got the news that the bus rape victim has died. Wondering what's with Delhi!
Arun

Mid-day.com says that the girl is still in critical condition, can you post the link that says she is dead?

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 pm

Timmy, i understand what you say.
I only meant what i wrote from the point of view of their safety.
A child is a child and no sane man/society should ever distinguish between genders, but unfortunately, that is not true in india.