Price check required for Maruti Gypsy King

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Price check required for Maruti Gypsy King

Post by Pran » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="21011 wrote:let's just say I will be selling the shotgun to fund this purchase.
WTF.. You aren't serious..Are you? After all that time you spent on doing it up..
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:40 pm

Congrats Mack The Knife,
Fabulous looking Gypsy very well maintained.

Dev

Mack The Knife Bana";p="21005 wrote:
Seen this guy's M800 taking more abuse than a Gypsy.It's certainly very well maintained for car that's run more than 80k.
Not bragging but trust me when I say that you haven't even seen a quarter of what it is capable off. I will be very sad to see it go as there are tons of memories attached to her. I just hope she goes to a good home.

Bought the Gypsy today and here she is:

Mack The Knife
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:49 pm

That's between me and the buyer but let's just say I will be selling the shotgun to fund this purchase.
If you do this,you will regret it for the rest of your life or atleast untill the ban on the import of firearms is lifted,which ever is first.

penpusher

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:23 pm

Pran";p="21023 wrote:WTF.. You aren't serious..Are you? After all that time you spent on doing it up..
Consider it as time well spent. Unfortunatey, I don't have much of a choice. Now, if I were techie.... :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:27 pm

dev";p="21024 wrote:Congrats Mack The Knife,
Fabulous looking Gypsy very well maintained.
Ta, Dev!
If you do this,you will regret it for the rest of your life or atleast untill the ban on the import of firearms is lifted,which ever is first.
penpusher
Are you always this cheerful? :mrgreen: Perhaps I am nuts but I'd rather sell this than my airguns. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:34 pm

Gr8888 Congrats Rusty,

Looks pretty cool.. Gr888 news atleast half of it.. :(

I know the owner of that chandigarh zypsy, Its in pretty good condition, but he is asking 2.90 firm for that.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:11 pm

kanwar76";p="21037 wrote:Gr8888 Congrats Rusty,

Looks pretty cool.. Gr888 news atleast half of it.. :(

I know the owner of that chandigarh zypsy, Its in pretty good condition, but he is asking 2.90 firm for that.

-Inder
Now we have a proper Gelandewagen for our Shiva trips and we can go faster still and you are going to be sitting at the back. :mrgreen:

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:06 pm

It indeed is well maintained and the colour is very nice too :D

Can I take a little liberty and ask your average driving speed on highways ?
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi Sujay,

I like the colour too. :D

No idea about average speed on the highway but if you take the small towns and 30 kilometers of rural roads that I have to slow down for then the quickest I have done is 1hr. 45min. to cover 120 kms in the 800. This works out to 68.5 kmph. It will probably drop to 45 to 50 kmph in the Gypsy.

Usually it takes me 2hrs. 30mins. and 3 hours and over when returning.

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Going fast in a Gypsy over potholed roads is a great way to find out if any bone in your body is out of alignment.The best place is behind the wheel.Atleast you have something to hold onto.

Mack The Knife,

I would sell my airguns.Atleast you can get new ones these days.Also you don't need to go through any red tape to buy or sell one.Finding a shotgun in a good condition is something else all together.Then, all the hassle of getting it on ones license.

Congratulations on the new purchase.Appears to be very well maintained. Have fun with it.

penpusher

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:48 am

Mack The Knife

Congrats on Gypsy and sad to hear about shotty batter .. agree with penpusher advise.
Have fun

Cheers

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:04 am

Somehow missed it.Cool looking car Mack The Knife.Congratulations.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:46 am

penpusher";p="21041 wrote:I would sell my airguns.Atleast you can get new ones these days.Also you don't need to go through any red tape to buy or sell one.Finding a shotgun in a good condition is something else all together.Then, all the hassle of getting it on ones license.
penpusher, I have sold quite a few airguns but only when I had to upgrade to a new model or when I shifted disciplines or simply because I couldn't get them back from England. I still miss each and every one of them and if I could have afforded to keep them all I would have done just that.

Considering the circumstances in India, I prefer airguns for the simple reason that they permit me to shoot a lot more than I ever could with a firearm. That's all there is to it. Had it not been for my father-in-law wanting to transfer his gun to me, I don't think I would have ever bothered getting a licence. I do like shooting all types of firearms but the price and availability of ammo put paid to that. I am not cancelling my shotgun licence though. I will just have to earn a little more to afford another in the coming months.

Mack The Knife

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:49 pm

Congratulations Rusty! The tread pattern on the tyres is more suitable for road/ sand than mud plugging, but I recall you mentioning you don't have much muddy terrain to cover so it should not matter... All in all that looks like a fine example indeed :)

Too bad about the shotty having to go... how about putting in some effort for sorting out the Browning's paperwork? It'll be well worth it! ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:09 pm

Congrats on Gypsy and sad to hear about shotty batter
May I have the recipe? It should knock KFC into a cocked hat...amongst shooters atleast.

;) :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.