Are Civil Defence Programmes available in India anymore?

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Are Civil Defence Programmes available in India anymore?

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:29 pm

Mack The Knife,

Civil Defence is not about Self Defence - rather a way of training volunteers to support the police and army in an emergency.
Duh! You're right.

Well, KSRA certainly does not have any such programme.

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:35 pm

Mehul,
The civilian rifle training only involves teaching the participants to shoot and range discipline/safety etc.

>....rather a way of training volunteers to support the police and army in an emergency.

Nope, nothing of the sort.I misinterpreted 'civil defence programme' :oops:

Would certainly enrol if it were introduced

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:16 am

Pran,

Thanks for the clarification. I do think that the civilian rifle training is a positive thing in itself though it would be excellent if that were combined with the other skills that Anupam described? Or, maybe, the TA does all of that?

Will look forward to this information and hopefully, we could put it together for potential new members/new shooters who visit here. I do get several mails/PMs from members on other forums and groups like Orkut asking about how they could take shooting up in India and this information would benefit all of them.

I am personally too old to take the TA thing up but if I were in India and I were younger, I would happily do it. I do hope that young people who have the time would do this. If members of the shooting community were to do this, it would give a very positive impression of our community.

Cheers!